Exciting facts about the Salzkammergut Trophy
- With over 5,000 participants over 3 days, the Salzkammergut Trophy is the largest mountain bike marathon in Austria.
- The participants are divided among more than 40 nations.
- The Salzkammergut Trophy is taking place for the 23rd time this year.
- 7 different marathon distances between 22 and 210 kilometres are available.
- The ‘extreme round’ of one-day marathons, which was attempted by 500 mountain bikers last year, involves 210km and 7110 vertical metres!
- 1,200 volunteers look after the well-being of the athletes.
A varied supporting programme for cyclists!
The centre of the event and the destination of all marathon routes is Bad Goisern on Lake Hallstatt. In addition to the seven different competition distances, there is also the SCOTT Junior Trophy for children and adolescents, the Bosch eMTB Challenge for e-bikes, the gravel marathon for gravel bikes and even a unicycle down-hill and unicycle marathon for unicyclists. The programme is rounded off with a marquee, helicopter flights and a bike fair.
To the bike-expo
Over 80 exhibitors present the latest bike models, equipment and trendy sports fashion at the fair. You can also expect trade offers, product samples, competitions and test bikes.
>> Click here for the information and opening times of the bike fair.
Tested on site
Over 100 eMountain bikes, fullys and hardtails from well-known manufacturers such as KTM, Genesis, Scott and many more can be inspected and even tested on site. The bikes can be borrowed and tested free of charge on Friday, July 17 between 10am and 7pm, on Saturday, July 18 between 9am and 7pm and on Sunday, July 19th between 9am and 11.30am. You can find information about the bike exhibitors and models available here.
Guided e-mountainbike tours
For those interested in e-mountain bikes and would like to learn about the advantages of an e-mountain bike there are guided test rides for rented e-mountain bikes from Friday till Sunday and riding technique training with Greta Weithaler on Friday. Participation is free of charge – further information and registration conditions can be found on the Salzkammergut Trophy homepage.