Holland south route, DE Amsterdam, guided
Travelling through Holland's green heart.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival in Amsterdam
You can embark from 2pm onwards in Amsterdam. Then you could go and explore the old city, do some shopping, visit some museums or go on a canal ride (discounted tickets available on board until 10pm). By going out and adventuring is the best way to get to know Holland's capital city.
During breakfast the MS Anna Maria Agnes will cruise to Breukelen where,
after you get your bikes, your first day of cycling will see you tour along the beautiful and winding river Vecht, which has an enchanting backdrop made up of imposing castles, country houses and quaint tearooms… there is simply no better way to start a cycle tour. You will follow the Vecht into the center of Utrecht where you will have the opportunity to explore the Cathedral and its tower as well as the old village's beautiful centre. In the afternoon, you will continue by boat from Utrecht to Rotterdam, which is your destination for the day. In the evening: a (free) short city walking tour.
Today you cycle via Schiedam, which is the town of 'Jenenver' - a traditional Dutch gin and also via Delft, which you will get to by cycling through the Delfland region. This region is famous for its 'Delfter Blue' porcelain. Visit its wonderful town centre where there are little canals and picturesque streets, bridges and alleys. For many guests a visit to the 'Royal Delft' porcelain factory will be one of their favourite memories from this bike & boat tour. In the evening, enjoy a dinner cruise from Rotterdam to Dordrecht where you will arrive at about 8pm. In the evening you can go on a short tour through the town for free.
You begin today with a tour on the “Waterbus”, which is a fast ferry that will take you and your bike in just 10 minutes to Alblasserdam. After just a few minutes of cycling you will reach Kinderdijk, a village famous for its impressive row of 19 large windmills. All 19 windmills have a UNESCO cultural heritage listing and are a definite highlight – you will have the opportunity to visit one so remember to pack your camera! You then have the choice between doing a longer bike ride and visiting Gouda - the beautiful cheese city or a shorter bike ride through the Alblasserwaard. Both tours end in the “silver city” of Schoonhoven on the Lek River, where you can
visit a silversmith.
Today you cycle from Schoonhoven through Holland's wonderful "green heart" via Oudewater (visit the witches scale) to Utrecht. In Oudewater you can visit a typical cheese dairy. In the late afternoon, you will cruise to Beverwijk where you will stay overnight.
You will have the choice of two bike tours today. Both end in the historic city of Haarlem. If you are up to the challenge, the longer tour takes you through the sand dunes of the North Sea coastline via Bloemendaal and Zandvoort. The shorter tour heads inland to Haarlem. On both tours you will cycle back to Beverwijk. In the evening your ship will sail to Zaandam.
Today is the last bike ride on this holiday. You will cycle from Zaandam to the museum village "Zaanse Schans“ (windmills, Dutch village, clog production, cheese farm) and through the local recreation area “Twiske” to Amsterdam. Afternoon and evening are spent in the capital city. Possibility for a canal tour if you didn't do so at the start of the holiday.
Disembark after breakfast as the tour has come to an end.
The best way to explore Holland is by bike. It is a true paradise for cyclists. There are many thousands of good bike paths meaning that there are lots and lots of interesting and relaxing tours.
Holland is also a water country. Nearly every famous town and city as well as most of the tourist attractions can be reached via a waterway. Our comfortable boats cruise through the beautiful small canals and rivers.
- Program as arranged in the itinerary
- 7 nights stay in cabins with own shower/toilet in the booked category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x snack or packed lunch for those on cycle tours, 6x coffee and tea daily until 4pm, 7x three-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins (change of towels daily if desired)
- Tour guide
- Minimum 3 city walks (Rotterdam, Dordrecht, Gauda)
- 1x live music on board
- All harbour, bridge and lock fees
- Wifi in the lounge area
- Daily bike tour briefing
- Tour representative on board
- 1 set of maps and information per cabin
- Bike rental insurance €10/week, for e-bikes €25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Amsterdam train station is about 3 km from the pier
- Secure park & ride area costs around EUR 120 to EUR 140 per week, no reservation possible
Number of participants:
- No minimum number of participants - all departures are guaranteed!
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The use of your own bike is limited due to space on deck! Please specify when booking whether your own bike is an electric or normal bike.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycles.
This tour has 1 more variation
DE AMSTERDAM is a 311 ft. long and 36 ft. wide, very well equipped river cruise ship. The vessel has 56 staterooms for max. 112 passengers.