itinerary at a glance
Individual arrival and embarkation 4p.m;On the ship, you will be welcomed by your captain and crew and the tour managemen
You begin your first cycle tour at the gate to the Upper Mid-dle Rhine Valley, in the historic city ofKoblenz. Surrounded by vineyards and castle ruins, cycle alongside the Rhine River in the direction of Boppard
From Boppard, start off for a cycle tour that leads along the Rhine to Oberwesel. On this short trip, you come by many scenic outposts from where you have the possibility to enjoy the varied landscape. From the bank of the river, the many fortresses and the legendary Loreley cliff offer a picturesque backdrop all along the way
Today`s cycle tour starts in Oberwesel. Ridingpast slate cliffs and through thick forests,on your way you pass sights likethePfalzgrafenstein Castle near Kaub and the Nie-derwaldMonument before reaching today`s destination, the wine town of Bingen.Here we suggest that you visit the world-famous Drosselgasse.
On this stretch, the Rhine River shows off again all of its beauty. On your way, you ride past Eltville am Rhein. The town`s landmark, the Electoral Castle, is well worth a visit. Mainz, today`s destination, is home tonumerousimpressive buildings. You may want to visit St Martin`s Cathedral, one oftheproud imperial cathedrals in Germany, or the Electoral Palace. Lined with beautiful half-timbered buildings and wine taverns, pretty narrowlanes and marvellous squares like theAugustinerstraße and the Kirschgarten Square invite you for a stroll through the Old Town.
Boat Tour Nierstein – Worms
A short leg of the journey with lots of time to indulge: directly alongside the Rhine, you cycle on the well-paved Rhine Cycle Route to Nierstein. With almost 1.000 hectaresof vineyard surface area, Nierstein is the biggest wine-growing municipality on the Rhine. You may also want to visit the historic Old Town with its medieval market square and the noble houses. In the afternoon, enjoy the boat tour from Nierstein to Worms
Boat Tour Nierstein - Mainz
Start off for today`s cycle tour in Worms, the city of the Nibelungs. On an extensive cycle tour alongside the bank of the Rhine River, you will have again the possibility to fall forthe charmsofthe vineyards andto enjoy the scenery along the Rhine. Coming from the south, you cycle towards Nierstein, also referred to asthe Riesling City. From there, your ship sets sail for Mainz
After breakfast, disembarkation until 09:00 am.
Most of the stretches are paved or as-phalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes with-out any gradients of note. Nearly all cycle tours canbe classified as being easy.
Prices and dates
services & information
Further details about this tour
- Seven nights in outside cabins with private facilities in the booked cabin category
- Program according to routing
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Room cleaning every day, changing of towels and bed cloths as necessary
- Full board consisting of 7x breakfast, 6x lunch package for cycle tours or snack on board (non-cyclists),
6x coffee or tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course-dinner
- Daily meeting for the cycle tours
- Printed instructions and maps for daily individual bike tours (1 per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- Tour guide on board
- Bring your own bike/ electric bike: € 29,- (on request only, limited number)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Koblenz train station: approx. 3 km from the pier.
- Public parking garage near the pier in Koblenz from about € 140,-/week and free commuter parking outside. From there you can take the public bus to the city. No reservation possible.(Stand June 2023)
- Please note: In Koblenz, the car cannot be loaded or unloaded in front of the ship!
- Return trips to Koblenz: By train in 2 hours for approx. € 25,- (bookable on site).(Stand June 2023)
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here! .
- Minimum number of participants: 75
- This tour is a partner tour.