Cours-les-Barres - Rogny-les-Sept-Écluses, MS Anna Maria IV
With MS Anna Maria IV.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
At the start of the evening, you get picked up by bus from the Gare du Nord train station in Paris. You will be taken to the boat and welcomed aboard by the crew and your tour representative. Afterwards dinner will be served.
Your bike tour starts in Cours-les-Barres. You will cycle to Aprémont and visit the 12th Century palace and its gorgeous gardens. You then continue to Nevers, which is a beautiful city. At about midday, you return by bike to the boat in Cours-les-Barres.
Today you travel by boat to Beffes and then you continue by bike to La Charité-sur-Loire, an old romantic city. You get a beautiful view of the city and the Notre Dame church from the bridge, which was built in the 16th century and leads to the city centre. Today's bike ride goes past famous vineyards home to Pouilly Fumé wines. You can also taste some wine. Your boat will be awaiting you in the village of Ménétréol, which is located in the foothills of the Sancerre vineyards.
First you cruise to Sancerre, a picturesque village. You then cycle along a beautiful route past the Sancerre vineyards. You will pass impressive scenery and see many embedded wine villages. Your tour ends in Beaulieu where you stay overnight.
You cycle past the small but historical locks in Châtillon-sur-Loire to the aqueduct that directs you across the river Loire. You pass the palace in St. Brisson. Enjoy the fresh air in the forest on your return journey to Châtillon-sur-Loire. In the evening you cruise to Briare.
In the morning you will have time for a stroll through Briare. Your bike tour goes to Pont Chevron palace first, which is extremely picturesque due to its location next to a small lake. You then cycle via Ouzouer-sur-Trézéé to Bléneau palace, which was built in the 16th Century. The tour ends in Rogny-les-Sept-Écluses where there are seven historic locks!
Today you get to cycle to and visit the market in Châtillon-Coligny. You then continue to the palace in La Bussiére and then you return (via Escrignelles) to the boat, which is waiting for you in Rogny.
In the morning there is time to do a short walking tour. At midday your tour guide and crew will say goodbye to you. You then return to Paris by bus.
You leisurely cycle along silent country roads where you can explore the slightly hilly landscape.
|May 12, 2018
|May 26, 2018
|Jun 9, 2018
|Jun 23, 2018
|Jul 28, 2018
|Aug 11, 2018
|Aug 25, 2018
|Sep 22, 2018
- Program as mentioned in the tour course
- Overnight stay in cabins of the mentioned category
- Full board (breakfast buffet, lunch package for the bike trips, coffee and tea in the afternoon, 3-course dinner)
- Linen and towels
- All harbour, bridge and lock fees
- Detailed route description, maps and information material
- Visit of a palace
- Wine tasting
- 24-gear bike
- Transfer from train station Paris Gare du Nord to the boat and back (on arrival and departure day)
- Local tour guidance and guided bike tours
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Paris Gare du Nord train station
- Car park e.g. Garage d'Abbeville, about €145 within 5 minutes walk from Paris Gare du Nord train station. Reservation recommended.
- Transfer to and from Paris Gare du Nord train station to/from the boat is included.
Number of participants
Minimum of 14 people
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation).
- Special requests concerning meals like dietary requiremnts or vegetarian food can be provided upon request. Surcharge is €25 per person per week (payable there). Please inform at the time of booking.
This tour has 1 more variant
Bike & Barge MS Anna Maria IV
You'll have a relaxed bicycle- and shiptour in the Loirevalley. The nights you will spend on the MS Anna Maria IV.