With boat and bike from Bamberg to Regensburg, MS La Belle Fleur
Historic cities from Bamberg to Regensburg
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Guided group tour
- Minimum number of participants: 10 persons
Individual arrival in Bamberg. Around 2pm you can check into your cabin. The thousand-year-old imperial city of Bamberg, also called Franconian Rome, is a city of world class format. Like a work of art, you can admire the listed baroque build-ings and medieval houses and facades on a walk through the small winding streets and alleys of the old town
After breakfast you cycle along the small village of Hausen through the meadows of the Regnitz Valley on one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Germany, the "Regnitz-Radweg". Take a break in one of the numerous beer gardens and enjoy a refreshing beer or a piece of cake before you finish the tour in Erlangen.
In the morning the captainwill bring youto Nuremberg, where your bike tour starts today. Here you pilgrimage through the medieval old town and visit the "Historical Mile" the most important historical buildings which were restored after the destruction in World War II. Afterwards you will discover one of the oldest canals in the world, the original Danube-Main Canal of King Ludwig I, with its 101 locks and beautiful views. After you have left the historic canal, you cycle through the Rothsee NationalPark to Hilpoltstein. Once you have arrived, you can enjoy the Bavarian landscape from the sun deck
Today the way leads you to Freystadt, where you visit the city centre and the famous 'Maria-Hilf-Wallfahrtskirche'. An important German baroque church situated in the middle of a meadow at the gates of the town. In the afternoon the tour leads you to Beilngries, where the baroque town hall or the rococo building of the Frauenkirche stands. After you have visited the picturesque old town you let the evening end with a beer, which was brewedwiththe local spring water of the Sulz and the Altmühl.
On this day you cycle through the "Altmühl National Park". Here you will find excellent cycle paths in the magnif-icent countryside and the remains of the historic King Ludwig-Main-Danube Canal, which originally flowed through this valley.
The last tour of this trip takes you to the medieval city of Regensburg. You will reach this historic and rich city of Regensburg after a tour through green meadows with beautiful views.
After breakfast you can go on a sightseeing tour of the city or enjoy shopping in the countless large andsmall shops and boutiques. At 12 noon the crew of la Belle Fleur will say goodbye, individual journey home
| Season 1 |
23.05.2020 | 06.06.2020 | 20.06.2020 | 04.07.2020 | 18.07.2020 | 01.08.2020 |
|Bike & Boat Bamberg - Regensburg, MS La Belle Fleur, 7 days, DE-MNSBR-07I|
|Base price|| |
- 7 days/ 6 nights outside cabin on MS La Belle Fleur with en-suite shower facilities
- Programme according to itinerary from Regensburg to Bamberg
- Full board (6 x breakfast, 5 x packed lunch for cycle tours, 5 x coffee and tea from 2 pm - 8 pm, 6 x three-course dinner)
- Use of bed linen and towels (towels can be changed daily)
- Cabin cleaning as required
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing on the respective cycle tours
- Maps and route book (one per cabin)
- Tour guide on departures 23 May and 20 June for guided cycle tours
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- train station Bamberg
- parking lot near the dock, approx. € 10 per day (Georgendamm 2a, 96052 Bamberg)
Number of participants:
- 10 guests
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
MS La Belle Fleur
The La Belle Fleur was launched in 1992. Since then shehas been very successful in doing bike & barge toursin the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany