With boat and bike from Regensburg to Bamberg, MS La Belle Fleur
Historic cities from Regensburg to Bamberg
Individual arrival in Regensburg. The crew of La Belle Fleur welcomes you on board around 2pm. After a visit to the medi-eval town, the bikes can be tested on a short tour in the sur-roundings of the town.
Today you cycle along the Danube, to Riedenburg, but first you stop in Kellheim, a small cozy town at the intersection of the blue Danube and the Main-Danube Canal.
Today's programme takes you to the Altmühltal National Park, where you drive along the valley and see many remains of the old King Ludwig Canal that used to flow through it. The end of the tour takes you to Beilngries, a town with a historic centre.
Your bike tour first heads for the old town of Freystadt, where you will visit the centre and the baroque church "Maria-Hilf-Wallfahrtskirche". You can find this graceful pilgrimage church, directly from the centrein the middle of the fields. In the afternoon you continue the tour to Hilpoltstein, from where you can enjoy the pure Bavarian landscape from the sundeck
Today you cycle along the Rothsee National Park to discover one of the oldest canals in the world, the original Main-Danube Canal of King Ludwig with its 101 locks. In the afternoon you arrive in Nuremberg, a city with a lot of history. You can stroll in the medieval part of the city or you can visit the remains of World War II, including the buildings of the Nuremberg Paths. After a tour through this beautiful city, the captain will take you to Erlan-gen.
The last day of this tour takes you through the fields of the Regnitz Valley, where you follow one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Germany, the "Regnitz Cycle Path". On the way you can drink a beer or have a nice piece of homemade cake in one of the local beer gardens. You will also visit Forchheim, a small and cosy Fran-conian town, from where your journey takes you to the beautiful Bamberg
On the last day of our tour we visit Bamberg, a city with a lot of splendour;here you will find the most beautiful baroque buildings, the typical German houses and the small lanes that will surprise you again and again. At 12 h noon the crew of La Belle Fleur will say goodbye, individual journey home.
- 7 days/ 6 nights outside cabin on MS La Belle Fleur with en-suite shower facilities
- Programme according to itinerary from Regensburg to Bamberg
- Full board (6 x breakfast, 5 x packed lunch for cycle tours, 5 x coffee and tea from 2 pm - 8 pm, 6 x three-course dinner)
- Use of bed linen and towels (towels can be changed daily)
- Cabin cleaning as required
- All port, bridge and lock fees
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- P+R parking "Unterer Wöhrd Regensburg" free parking spaces, not guarded
- P+R parking at the train station, it is not free but guarded (Wöhrdstraße 62, 93059 Regensburg)
Number of participants:
- 10 guests
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
MS La Belle Fleur
The La Belle Fleur was launched in 1992. Since then shehas been very successful in doing bike & barge toursin the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany