Itinerary at a glance
Individual arrival to Saarburg. The beautiful town picture is coined through narrow alleys, half-timbered houses, baroque buildings and colourful fisher- and boat houses. Mr. Schinkel, the mayor of Berlin once named the ensemble of romantic rows of houses and small bridges “Little Venice”. Embarkation starts at 4 p.m. The captain and his crew are welcoming you on board around 6 p.m.
Today you will cycle from Saarburg along the idyllic nature reserve of the abandoned meander of the River Saar. Further on to Wasserbillig in Luxemburg and from here to the Igeler Säule. Later you will reach Trier, where the ship will be waiting for you. In the afternoon you can explore the city in a special kind of way. Book a city walk with a “traditional Roman”.
After breakfast you cycle to Mehring. This village is surrounded by vineyards, forests and meadows and is one of the biggest wine growing villages in the Moselle-Saar-Ruwer region. Already the Romans appreciated the beautiful landscape 2000 years ago.
Today you have a wine day! You start in Neumagen Dhron, where you can visit a reproduction of a roman wine boat. Then your way brings you to Piesport, the biggest municipality for wine growing along river Moselle. Optional: Visit and guided tour in the biggest roman wine press system north of the Alps. The winegrower will show you the wineyards and how they work. In the evening you have a wine tasting, where you can get to know the good wines of the Moselle (optional, bookable on board!
Today’s bike tour brings you to romantic Traben-Trarbach, where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. Continuing to Zell, well known wine village on the Mosel. In the evening you will have the chance to visit a local winegrowers place and enjoy a wine tasting with the famous Moselle wines (optional, bookable on board).
From Zell to Beilstein. As “Rothenburg at river Moselle” this lovely city was storied. Your goal for today is Cochem with well-known fortress and pretty half-timbered houses.
Today you cycle to Alken, one of the oldest villages along the Moselle. Here your boat is awaiting you, enjoy the beautiful passing landscape from aboard. MS Patria brings you to Coblenz where well-known Moselle and Rhine are meeting.
After breakfast: disembarkation and end of the tour.
You cycle along good quality bike paths. The Moselle cycle path runs along tarmac roads that are in a good condition and there are not any noteworthy climbs. This means that this tour is suitable for those who are not trained.
Prices and dates
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Program according to tour itinerary
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package for bike tours or lunch snack, 6x coffee and cake in the afternoon, 7x 3- or 4-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins and Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, bridge and lock fees
- Printed instructions and maps for daily individual bike tours (1 per cabin)
- 1 route book for self-guided tours
- GPS tracks for cycle tours
- Tour guide on board
- Bring your own bike/elektrobike: € 29.- (on request only, limited number)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Saarburg's main station is about 1 km from the pier
- Parking in Saarburg: street parking spaces near the landing stage cost about €25 per week, no reservation possible (Stand June 2023)
Parking space near the train station in Saarburg (unguarded, not reservable). Costs approx. € 10.- per week. (Stand June 2023)
- Return journey to Saarburg: By train it takes about 2 hours, ticket approx. €25. (Stand June 2023)
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here! .
Minimum number of participants 21 days before arrival: 75
This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."