Bad Wimpfen - Coblenz, MS Patria
From the Lorelei to the Neckar valley.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 40 persons
Arrival in Bad Wimpfen
Individual arrival to Bad Wimpfen. Embark the MS Patria from 4pm onwards. It is located in the harbour. The crew welcomes you on board. Tip: stroll through the beautiful old city.
Today's bike ride goes to Neckarzimmern. From there, you can walk or cycle to Hornberg fortress. This fortress is one of the most beautiful fortresses in the Neckar valley. You continue your bike ride via Zwingenberg with another imposing palace and reach Eberbach in the late afternoon, which is today's destination. During a stroll through the alleys, you get to know the cheerful life of this old city.
Optional: Guided city tour with a night watchman, bookable on board.
You cycle from Eberbach to Hirschhorn, the “pearl of the Neckar valley”. Fortress Hirschhorn is well worth a visit. From the tower, you have a wonderful view across the Neckar loop, the former monastery and the church. You continue through Odenwald to Neckarsteinach with its four fortresses and to Heidelberg. We recommend strolling through Heidelberg in the late afternoon or visiting the palace. Optional city tour.
You start your cycle tour in Heidelberg, cross the Neckar and have a perfect view to Heidelberg and its castle. Further on by bike to Mannheim and leave the valleys of the Neckar behind. The ship is waiting for you in Mannheim and takes you during lunch to Nierstein, a popular destination for exploring the vineyards with a tractor wagon.
You cycle from the the largest wine growing village along the Rhine river to Mainz. Mainz is awaiting you with many places of interest. A lot of churches, museums, fountains and monuments. The dome, the palace, the city theatre, the citadel, the carnival fountain and the Gutenberg monument are the most important places to see. Get to know Mainz by going for a stroll through the city.
Picturesque houses and the beautiful landscape between Mainz and Rüdesheim make today's bike ride an experience. The heart of Rüdesheim's old town is a meeting place for locals and visitors from all over the world. Stay overnight in Rüdesheim or in Bingen on the other side of the river.
In the morning, you cycle on the left side of the Rhine river past castles and fortresses throuch the valley of Lorelei towards Boppard, which is a UNESCO site in the Upper Middle Rhine Valley. In the afternoon, cruise to Coblenz where there are many sights to see!
After breakfast it is time to depart. Journey home as organised by you.
The bike paths are all very good quality. Most of the time you will cycle on roads with no or very little traffic. When not on roads, you will be on tarmac bike paths right by the river bank. There are no noteworthy ascents. This tour is suitable for untrained cyclists. All mentioned distances are approximations of the recommended bike tours.
- Program according to tour itinerary
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunch for day cyclists or lunch snack on board, 6x coffee and cake in the afternoon, 7x 3 or 4 course dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours on board
- 1 route book per cabin for self-guided trips
- Tour guidance on board
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bad Wimpfen main station: about 200m from the pier
- Parking in Bad Wimpfen: parking spaces in the surrounding area for about €20 per week, no reservation possible
- Return journey to Bad Wimpfen: By train in 3.5 hours for about €45 (book at the time) or by minibus (minimum 4 people) for €85 per person. Transfer of your own bike costs €15 per bike. Limited space available, a reservation when booking the tour is necessary. Pay at the time.
Number of participants:
- 40 people
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
The MS Patria, built in 1941, has a new look after a renovation and impresses with its familiar and friendly atmosphere.