Beer Pharmacy – Beer Bath – Beer Bliss.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival at Salzburg
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. After that the Stiegl and the Augustiner breweries are ripe and ready to host your first Austrian beer tasting experience in the beautiful town of Salzburg.
After a short cycle along the Salzach und Saalach rivers you will be heading into Bavaria. Do not miss the chance to try more beer specialities at the 'Schönramer Brewery’. After this refreshing Bavarian treat, the tour swiftly leads you via lake Abtsdorfer back to the river Salzach into Austria. After visiting the 'Silent Night’ chapel you arrive at Franking via the Salzachauen. Here you have a unique experience awaiting you in the form of a 'beer bath’ - the true crowning glory at the end of this day!
Cycle through the Ibmer Moor nature reserve to the Benedictine abbey in Michaelbeuern. The path leads over a hill called Haunsberg and down to the Trumer lakes. Here you will not only find the 'Creativ Brauerei’, but also the privat brewery 'Privatbrauerei Trumer’ - two of the most award-winning beer producers in Austria. In the shady beer garden of the Brewery Inn they offer an unlimited supply of the 'amber nectar’ flowing from a beer fountain on special occasions.
From Obertrum you will cycle to Eugendorf via Seekirchen. On top of the retired Ischl train tracks, a cycle path was built that leads straight into the old part of town in Salzburg. Two final beer highlights await at the 'Stiegl Brauwelt’ and at 'Kastners Schenke’ with its 'Kloanen Brauhaus’.
Along the rivers and lakes, the terrain is mainly flat with occasional slight hills. There are mainly cycle paths and small rural roads, however for some short sections it is unfortunately unavoidable to cycle on roads.
Category: selected 3*** hotels and B&Bs
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Drinks voucher for some of the brewery visits
- 1x beer tub bath
- 1x brewery guided tour included
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Car park at the hotel costs €8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible. Multi-storey car park costs €60 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary