Enns Cycle Path
Back to nature.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Radstadt
Arrival as arranged by you. Check-in to your accomodation, get your bikes (if booked) and your travel documents. Take time for a short walk in Radstadt - “the old city in the mountains”.
You will leave Salzburger Land fairly soon today and cycle along a flat route through the wide Styrian Ennstal valley. As you pass the skiing world cup town Schladming, you will be able to see the Dachstein mountain.
Cycling past Liezen you can see the pale chalk mountains in the Gesäuse national park in the distance. Shortly after Admont you will get to the start of the narrow canyon where the Enns river flows with the wild Gesäuse.
You leave Styria and head up into the Reichraminger Hintergebirge mountains in the Kalkalpen national park. Because there is 13 km long ascent you can choose to take a transfer if you wish (for a fee, pay there).
You cycle along the iron trail in Upper Austria. It is slightly hilly and you will go past numerous museums. You will arrive in Steyr, which is strongly assosciated with the history of ironwork.
There are some ascents on this tour that are steep at times. On some points along the route you have to cycle on busier roads. The trip has got some long stages and is most suitable for sporty cyclists.
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast (buffet style)
- Half board if booked, 3 course meal
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Detailed travel documents
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- There is parking in Radstadt at the hotel, approx. €7 per day, in Linz it is upon request, or public parking bays near the hotel
- Park possibilities Linz in public underground parking in the railway station, approx. €36 per week, reservation necessary, payable in advance
- Train ride from Enns/Linz bookable; €39 per person (bikes are not included), reservation necessary, pay in advance