Rothenburg - Regensburg
Altmühltal Cycle Path.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The city is the embodiment of medieval city romance and was perpetuated from artists as Spitzweg and Richter. Make a tour through Rothenburg with the nightwatchman.
You cycle from valley Taubertal to the Altmühl origin in the former residence city Ansbach with precious rococo palace.
Through meadows and range land to Gunzenhausen, the centre of the Franconia lake area. In Graben you will find the leftover of a canal project which was planned from Charlemagne.
On your today’s bike tour the valley get narrower, river Altmühl cuts deeply into the Jura Mountain. Fortresses seem the way and Eichstätt presents itself as former bishop’s city in lovely baroque style.
Within a few kilometres you reach the reconstructed roman castle Vetoniana. You continue through a picturesque nature park which is coined through cedar heathland. Along imposing fortress Kipfenberg to the well preserved medieval city Beilngries.
Via Dietfurt before to Riedenburg, from there by ship to Kelheim and then along the Danube to Regensburg.
At the first two stages slightly hilly, afterwards mostly flat. Suitable for families.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- City tour Nachtwächter Rothenburg
- Boat tour Kelheim-Weltenburg-Kelheim excl. Bike
- Rental bike insurance
- Service Hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Rothenburg train station the hotel is located about 500-1000 m away from the train station
- Regensburg: Public garage approx. 15 minutes from the hotel, € 10 per day
- Rothenburg: Free, parking at the train station, limited number
- Transfer by minibus back to Rothenburg every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, duration about 2 ½ hours, € 60 incl. bike (reservation necessary,to be paid for at the time ).
- Good train connection Rothenburg-Regensburg