Dresden - Weimar
1.000 and one facets of German culture.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Dresden
You will get your bike (if booked) and more information about the bicycle holiday in the late afternoon. Take a stroll through the nice old town of Dresden before you will enjoy a dinner (included).
Today you reach Radebeul, which is closely related to the writer Karl May, and the porcelain town Meissen with the Albrechtsburg (castle). Try today at the Saxon wine route the local wines and visit the Baroque castle Diesbar-Seußlitz, before you reach the sports town Riesa.
Via Mühlberg with the former Cistercian monastery and the tree park of Treblitz your route leads you to Torgau with the castle Hartenfels.
The castles Lichtenberg and Pretzsch flank your way to Wittenberg, which awaits you with Luther hall, Luther and Melanchton house.
The train takes you to the Händel town Halle (Saale) with highlights like the Red Tower and the Moritz castle. After that you cycle into the former residential city Merseburg.
Today we recommend a detour to Freyburg with the Rotkäppchen sparkling wine cellars. You cycle to Naumburg with the Cathedral St. Peter and Paul and Bad Sulza with brine and spa.
The Ilm cycleway takes you to Eberstedt with its cyclists church. After that the bells town Apolda is located on your way into the 1000 years old town Weimar.
This is an easy tour in flat to undulating territory. The Elbe cycle path offers the possibility to cycle on car-free roads along one of the most beautiful rivers in Germany. Other sections lead along small country roads and paths with less traffic through diversified landscape.
Kategorie: 3*** und 4**** Hotels und Gasthöfe
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Merian guidebook for Thuringia.
- Thüringen Card (Thuringia card): entrance Weimar: Goethehaus, city tour, Weimarhaus, Goethe Gartenhaus, Bauhaus, castle Belvedere; entrance Apolda: bells and town museum.
- Train ride (bike inclusive) from Wittenberg to Halle.
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Dresden train station
- Multi-storey car park in Dresden, costs € 100 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary.