Five Rivers - based in one hotel
Moselle - Rhine - Lahn - Saar - Kyll.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Coblenz
The heart of the city is situated at the confluence of Moselle River and Rhine River. You should schedule plenty of time for a first shopping tour.
Bike tour through the Upper Middle Rhine Valley
After breakfast you start your holiday with a glorious boat trip on the Rhine River to St. Goarshausen.
The „Loreley“ is a slate rock in Upper Middle Rhine Valley UNESCO World Heritage site but also the name of a mermaid on this rock. According to a legend of the 19th century, this mermaid combed her golden hair and attracted many skippers with her singing. Those men didn´t respect the dangerous current anymore, so that the ships were wrecked at the cliffs. You cycle back to your accommodation via the towns Boppard and Rhens. Thereby you pass few castles and palaces which are situated high above the Rhine River.
Cycle trip through the Lahn valley
Today you take the train to Nassau at Lahn. Your route takes you alongside the Lahn River to Bad Ems, where the Romans have also left their traces. Enjoy and relax in the Emser thermal spa. Soon you reach Lahnstein where the Lahn River flows into the Rhine River. Cycle the last section alongside this river until you reach your accommodation. Castles and palaces are also not missing on your way to Coblenz this day.
Bike trip alongside the Moselle River near Coblenz
You start your tour with a short train ride to Cochem. Afterwards you cycle to Moselkern, where you should make a detour to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“. It´s located in the heart of nature and offers breathtaking views and fabulous beauty. Back on the Moselle bike path you pass numerous lovely wine villages, which invite you to a wine tasting. Via Kobern and Gondorf you finally reach your starting point again.
Cycle tour alongside the Moselle River to Trier
Our driver picks you up directly from the hotel and brings you upstream to Neumagen-Dhron. Cycle a short distance back to Piesport, where you have the possibility to view the Roman cellars from the 3rd century. An educational trail along your route reports on domestic grape variety. In Trier you can experience the history of 2000 years very closely, for example the „Porta Nigra“ as well as the amphitheater.
Round trip along the Saar River
Today you get to know the 4th river: the Saar Ricer. you start your roundtrip at the Obermosel river and soon you reach the medievel town of Saarburg with its castle ruin. The route leads you via Tawern and konz back to Trier.
Through the Kyll valley
Also your last bicycle trip initially starts with a train ride to Speicher. From there it is not far to Bitburg. Today you need to taste beer instead of wine! You cycle back and firstly follow the river Kyll to Pfalzel and then you continue the last distance alongside the Moselle River until you reach Trier again. In the evening you have enough time to review all impressions of this wonderful bike trip.
Departure or extension
Your tour finishes after breakfast. If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you or we bring you back to Coblenz by private transfer.
All routes are relatively flat and dispose of an excellent signposting. Often you cycle on bicycle tracks and small side roads with less traffic. Only at the respective entrances and exits of the towns you have to expect higher traffic volume. Altogether a relatively simple bike tour which almost requires no basic condition.
Category A: Diehls Hotel Coblenz and Hotel Park Plaza Trier
Category B: Hotel Trierer Coblenz and Hotel Deutscher Hof Trier
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat ride Coblenz – St. Goardhausen incl. your bike (at beginning of april, and from mid of October not possible, you get instead a train ticket)
- 1 Bus transfer Coblenz – Neumagen-Drohn incl. your bike
- Service hotline
- Half-board meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payabel with voucher)
- Bike rental. including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Coblenz train station
- Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt am Main airport
- Category A: Car park at the hotel costs approx. EUR 18 per week, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time
Category B: Car park at the hotel costs approx. EUR 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Train ticket Koblenz - Nassau approx. EUR 7.50 to 13 per person incl. your bike
- Train ticket Coblenz - Cochem approx. EUR 7.50 to 13 per person incl. your bike
- train ticket Trier - Speicher approx. EUR 7.60 to 13.10 per person incl. your bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Diehls Hotel Coblenz
Since more than 90 years this is a family-owned hotel and also the oldest owner-managed 4-star-hotel in Coblenz.
Hotel Park Plaza Trier
Situated in the city center of Trier this 4****-Superior hotel is perfectly suited for your bike trip.
Hotel Trierer Hof Koblenz
Hotel Trierer Hof is located right in the centre of Coblenz. It is next to the theatre and only five minutes walk away from the Rhine, Mosel and the ‘Deutsches Eck,’ where there is a monumental equestrian statue.
Hotel Deutscher Hof
This 3-Star-Superior hotel in the heart of Trier is perfekt to explore the city.