Hamburg - Sylt
North Sea coast cycle path.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Hamburg
Individual arrival to Hamburg on your own until the late afternoon. Visit the metropolis of Hamburg. Explore the diversity this beautiful city has to offer.
Cycle along the Elbe River, through Blankensee, and to Wedel. Continue through marshland protected by dikes, through Uetersen, and to Elmshorn.
Cycle to the charming small town of Glückstadt and to Brunsbüttel. The Kiel Canal begins in Brunsbüttel. The lock is definitely worth seeing.
Once you have past the dikes, you will see the Wadden Sea. Cross the vast ‘Dithmarscher Land’ towards North Frisia. You’ll soon reach Büsum.
Before leaving Büsum, storm surge adventure world "Blanker-Hans" might be a good idea to visit. Cross the dam, Eidersperrwerk, onto the luscious green island. There is a watch tower near Katingsiel from which you can take in the beauty of surrounding nature. Visit the information centre in Katingsiel for more information about the national park near Wadden Sea. Oprional across St.Peter-Ording or about direct route to Husum.
You can either cycle along the coast line or take the shorter route directly to Hamburger Hallig and over the dikes to Dagebüll. The ferry to Föhr/Amrum leaves from there. If you like, you can take the train to Niebüll. The fare is payable on-site. There, you can visit the museum of natural history.
Board the train with your bike to the island of Sylt. Take a stroll and enjoy the shops in Westerland or explore Hörnum, Kampen, or the island of Lyst by bike. Take the train to Niebüll or take the ferry to Römö and continue from there by bike across the border and back to Niebüll. The fare for the ferry is payable on-site.
Departure or extension
The tour is flat and without some mentionable altitude differences.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfastLuggage transfer between the hotels
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room, with route maps and route descriptions
- Train ticket Niebüll/Dagebüll – Sylt and back excl. your bike
- Harbour loop tour in the harbour of Hamburg
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Hamburg train station
- Car parks in Hamburg, near the hotel, costs about € 12 – 20 per day.
- Public parkade Altona, costs about €15,- per day
- Public “Messeparkhaus Ost”, costs about €10,- 15 per day
- Good train connection from Niebüll/Dagebüll to Hamburg.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!