Ilm Cycle Path
Ilmenau - Weimar.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Today you will leave Ilmenau and follow the Ilm along tranquil trails to Kranichfeld. Plan your lunch break in Stadtilm, where you find the biggest marketplace of Thuringia! Cycling through the valley enclosed by beautiful limestone cliffs. In the afternoon you reach the two-guarantor's town Kranichfeld.
From Kranichfeld cycle on Ilmradweg to Tannroda, a small town in Weimar country with a Castle arrangement and the Thuringian basket weaver's museum. From there continue to the Health resort town Bad Berka and further you will cross the opposite side of the river by cycling the historical bridge of Buchfahrt and finally Weimar is expecting you. Weimar is rich in culture and attracted many great thinkers like Goethe and Schiller. The city has a beautiful historical centre.
An attractive distance to be cycled along the castles and parks. Wickerstedt and Eberstedt with his historical mill and the swimming hut village come up on the way to the health resort town Bad Sulza. Journey Weimar-Bad Sulza or Bad Sulza-Weimar by train included.
Easy cycle tour along the cycle paths of river Ilm and Saale.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Train journey Bad Sulza – Weimar incl. your bike
- Entrée Ilmenau: Goethe – national museum, show mine “Volle Rose” including journey by nostalgic train
- Public guided city tour and Entrée Weimar : numerous museums, Palace Belvedere
- Entrée Apolda: bell and city museum
- Entrée Bad Sulza: Tuscany thermal spring (2 hours)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Ilmenau train station
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
- Return transfer by minibus from Weimar to Ilmenau daily, this costs € 35 incl. your bike, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary.