Lake Chiemsee & Lake Waginger See
The region around the ‚Bavarian Sea’.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival at Lake Chiemsee
In the evening welcome meeting and rental bike fitting. We recommend a first stroll along the lakeside.
The ‚Bavarian Sea’ offers a large array of possibilities for an amazing day. Take a boat (optional) to the two islands ‚Herrenchiemsee’ (with King Louis palace) and ‚Frauenchiemsee’. By bike you can cycle around the entire lake (approx. 60 km) - in parts you can also cut the route short by boat or by a special bike-bus (optional). Or simply spend an easy day relaxing by the lake and going for a swim. It’s your call!
Only after a few kilometres you have reached the nature protected Eggstätter lake district. There are 18 lakes with unique forest and lake scenery, which is a special delight to any hiker or cyclist. Situated directly on the way to Trostberg/Altenmarkt is the former Benedictine monastery Seeon, one of the most stunning historic buildings in the Chiemgau region.
Via lush meadows and through deep green forests your cycle route leads you through characteristic Bavarian villages towards Lake Waging. Beautifully decorated may poles and typical Baroque steeples are characteristic for the scenery until you reach your Day Finish.
Today an amazing cycle tour around Lake Wagingand Lake Tachingawaits. Since this is a rather short stage, there will be plenty of time for relaxing which includes a swim in the lake and a break in the shade in of one of many beer gardens.
Initially the cycle tour takes you to the river Traun and to Traunstein. This place is famous for its little ‚Hofbräuhaus’. Situated directly on route is the romantic lake Tütten until you reach the shores of Lake Chiemsee and along Lake Chiemsee you follow the Lake Chiemsee loop path back to the start of this tour.
Overall an easy tour with very few ascents. Only in parts slightly hilly. Stunning route along cycle paths and dirt tracks as well as side roads. Only very short segments on roads with heavier traffic.
Category: 3*** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bernau or Prien train station
- Munich or Salzburg airport
- Car park costs € 20 to € 55 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!