Leipzig - based in one hotel
The perfect mix of culture and cycling.
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Leipzig
If you arrive in the early afternoon, you can go on an individual tour of the city. Walk in the footsteps of Johann Sebastian Bach and Robert Schumann. The city lives in music - and this can be felt in many places. The former seaside town also has a Venetian side. In the district of Plagwitz there is an extraordinary canal system, which invites you to go on a boat trip on the White Elster. Whether on foot, bike or in the boat - let yourself be enchanted by the Leipzig metropolis.
Today the treasures of music form the guideline of your cycle tour. Along 16 stations you immerse into the musical past, e.g. famous Thomas church and the tomb of Johann Sebastian Bach. Rest at Zweinaundorf Park, nowadays a natural monument, before you proceed to the last stations, the Museum of music intruments and the “Neue Gewandhaus”.
Through Clara-Zetkin-Park and Connewitzer wood to the wildlife park Connewitz, the most important local recreation area. Continue to the forest lake Waldsee Lauer, Conxpudener Lake and to Zwenkau with the surface mining lake. Return via Lake Cospudener with a lovely view of the Bistum Height.
On the dyke of river Luppe you leave Leipzig. Baroque manor Ermlitz has been carefully renovated in 2010. Continue to Weßmar, past lakes to Köllnitz on Weißer Elster, surrounded by green river meadows. The tour ends in the town of Handel: Halle. Take your time to visit the city before returning by S-train to Leipzig.
The daily stages are between 25 and 50 km in flat to slightly undulating terrain. Elster cycle path and the new Lake District lead through the latest and most beautiful landscape parks of the region.
4****- Hotel Mercure Leipzig am Johannisplatz
- Accommodation in 4****- Hotel Mercure Leipzig am Johannisplatz
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Leipzig central train station
- Leipzig airport
- Public underground car park close to the hotel, approx. €12 per night, public park house close to the hotel, approx. € 40 per week, no reservation possible, to be payed for at the time.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ticket for train journey "Hallo Leipzig" approx. € 7,50/person incl. bike
- In Leipzig you have a lot of museum with free entrance.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
Mercure Hotel Leipzig am Johannisplatz
Only a few minutes to walk to the centre, this hotel is tranquilly located. The hotel has 174 elegant rooms, apartments and suites with excellent facilities (minibar, TV and W-LAN). In the own restaurant local and international specialities are severed. Use of the own Wellness-area with whirlpool, sauna and solarium included.