The region around Waren and Lake Müritz is one of the most heavily visited tourist areas in the Mecklenburg Lake District. There are numerous cafés, restaurants and shops to linger in between the Old Town and harbour. Spend the night in or near Waren.
The first part of the tour takes you through Müritz National Park. Cycle through stretches of forest, along marshes and meadows, on your way to Neustrelitz. Neustrelitz was once the home of the Dukes of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. Stay overnight in or near Neustrelitz.
You may want to take some time to explore the town before continuing on to today’s destination. The market square and castle gardens are definitely worth seeing. Cycle along the many small lakes on your way to the south of Wesenberg near the Havel-Müritz Canal. Spend the night in or near Wesenberg.
Cycle along the edge of Müritz National Park over rolling hills on your way back to Lake Müritz. Röbel lies south of the lake. On your way there, you will encounter several prehistoric giant burial mounds. Röbel is an old craftsman and farming town. Stay overnight in or near Röbel.
Today you will cycle to Lake Plau. Stone graves and burial mounds dot the landscape. It would be well worth your time to visit the village church with its famous wooden carved altar. Cycle west of Lake Plau to the town of Plau, an old trade city.
Cycle west of the lake to Karow. In 1963, several buildings were transformed into an agricultural museum in Alt Schwerin. There, you can look into the past and see what village life used to be like in Mecklenburg. Continue along the Schwinzer Heath to Malchow. Stay overnight in or near Malchow
The last leg of the tour takes you through vast landscape south of the “Upper Lakes” and back to Lake Müritz. Cycle through vacation country called ‘Land Fleesensee’. In the tranquil harbour town of Sietow you will reach the circular route around Lake Müritz. Take the route to the castle, ‘Waren Schloss Klink’. You may want to go or a swim before returning your rental bike in Waren. We will keep your luggage for you until 5 pm. And, we can book an extra night for you, if you like.
Departure or extension
The landscape is flat to slightly hilly. Mostly you cycle through forests, along cycle paths and secondary roads with less traffic.
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: 2** and 3*** hotels and pensions
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers, Travel guide only in German)
- 1 Entrée “Müritzeum” museum in Waren
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Boat ticket Plau am See – Waren EUR 15 per person and approx. EUR 3 per bike
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Waren/Müritz train station
- Berlin or Rostock-Laage airport
- Free parking at the office, no reservation possible.
- Car park at the hotel approx. EUR 6 to 12 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!