Munich Lakes Tour
Rebuild your energy reserves in southern Munich
From Munich, the tour starts with a bike ride through Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. Then you will cycle on the lakeside road to Seeshaupt. You will continue on wonderful ways through rustic Bavarian towns, past the Osterseen lakes and Lake Riegsee to Murnau am Staffelsee.
Hotel (example): Angerbräu
First, you will cycle through the nature reserve called Murnauer Moos (largest swamp area of Central Europe). Later, you will continue your tour through unspoiled nature following the River Loisach to Garmisch Partenkirchen. The stage is intentionally brief. Therefore, there is still enough time for an individual trip with the Zugspitzbahn, a mountain railway. At an altitude of 2962 meters, you will have a wonderful view of the Alps.
Hotel (example): Vier Jahreszeiten
You will take the train to Scharnitz to bridge an altitude of 300 meters. From there, you will cycle uphill through wildly romantic gorges and lush meadows to the spring of the River Isar. Afterwards, you will cycle back through a sunny valley where you will have a marvellous panoramic view of the mountains of Karwendel and Wettersteingebirge, passing Mittenwald and finally arriving in Wallgau – a place where the Bavarian tradition is still a part of everyday life.
Hotel (example): Gasthof Post
Passing the Isarwinkel, you will follow the crystal-clear, turquoise waters of the impressive Lake Sylvenstein. Cycling through charming landscapes, you will pass Lenggries and finally arrive in Bad Tölz. The location at the crossroads of two trade routes - the River Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall to Allgäu - quickly became a thriving trading centre. The ornate mansions testify the golden age.
Hotel (example): Kolberbräu
You will cycle through the scenic Tegernsee countryside to Gmund at Lake Tegernsee where you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the lake. Following the valley Gaißbach, you will come back to Bad Tölz. The thermal waters of the famous spa “Alpamare” will help you to refresh your tired muscles. The Tölzer Market Street invites you to learn more about the famous television series “Der Bulle von Tölz”.
The Isar bike path leads you from Bad Tölz over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen directly to Grünwald. After a few short climbs you will arrive back in Bavaria’s state capital Munich, where you can explore its countless sights and attractions.
Hotel (example):Sheraton Westpark
Overall, this is a rather easy tour. A few short climbs can be conquered easily by pushing the bike. You will cycle on beautiful bike ways and minor roads. Main roads will only be used for short distances. The route is mostly paved; some longer passages are on natural roads which are in good condition.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (DE, EN)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1x Train journey from Garmisch Partenkirchen – Scharnitz
- 1x veal sausage breakfast
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Munich central train station
- Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 49 for 8 days and approx. € 59 for 10 days, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Free car park close to the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for train journey to Garmisch – Scharnitz approx. € 5/bike
- Necessary expenses not included in the price of the trip. When possible all costs will be included in the quote, otherwise only the nature of the costs will be describe
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!