Thuringian Town Chain
For thinker & poets.
Arrival in Eisenach
You should come early to have enough time for sightseeing in the historic city of Eisenach. Famous persons like Johann Sebastian Bach or Martin Luther King have lived here.
You follow the river Hörsel, afterwards you continue through the Thuringian basin. You reach Gotha in the early afternoon, so there is enough time for sightseeing.
In the morning you cycle to Wechmar which won an award for being the most beautiful village in Thuringia in 2003. This village is also well-known for its Bach museum. Afterwards you can admire castle Wachsenburg, castle Mühlburg and castle Gleichen on your way to Gera and Erfurt.
After today’s short stage you arrive in Weimar. Visit the palace, the museum, the theatre or the park. We are sure that you will not be bored today.
Today you will enjoy the beautiful landscape! In the morning you start your tour along the idyllic Ilm bike path until you reach the University City Jena. Afterwards you continue along Saale bike path to Stadtroda.
Today you cycle through the “green heart of Germany” – lots of kilometres on beautiful paths! In the afternoon you continue along a disused railway, Weiße-Elster bike path and Bad Köstritz (brewery) to Gera.
You start with a tour from Gera to Ronneburg. You last stage leads you then on side roads to the city of Schmölln and along the rivers Sprotte and Pleiße to Altenburg with its palace. Stroll through the former residence city and enjoy the flair!
The route is very well signposted and leads you along asphalted roads, bike paths, forest paths and trails. Every bike day has long flat routes as well as some hilly sections, only a few parts where you have to push the bike.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotel
- Detailed travel documents
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Eisenach train station
- Erfurt airport
- Car park at the hotel, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Return transfer by minibus to Eisenach every Sunday from, this costs € 60 per person incl. your bike, to be paid in advance, reservation is necessary.
- Good train connections from Altenburg to Eisenach
- Special arrangements for at least 6 persons on request!