Dolomites - Lake Garda
From Brixen to Riva.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Brixen
Since the 10th century, Brixen has been an Episcopal city. The old town with its arcades and cathedral is worth a visit. The city is located in the middle of picturesque vineyards.
Today, you will take the train from Brixen into the Pustertal valley to Bruneck or Toblach. Following the river Rienz, you will cycle mostly downhill, past the accumulation lake Olanger Stausee to Bruneck (ethnographic museum). On comfortable ways, you will continue your journey in the lower Pustertal valley, through the Mühlbacher Klause into the Eisacktal valley and to Brixen (arcades, cathedral, monastery of Neustift).
You will cycle through the town of Klausen, along the river Eisack to Waidbruck (view of the castle Trostburg). Here, the valley narrows and leads you to the Bolzano basin. The city of two cultures is waiting for you (archeological museum with Ötzi, the Iceman) – access into the museum with Brixen card on that day included.
Through numerous beautiful orchards and vineyards near the South Tyrolian wine route, you’re passing various castles and ruins while cycling to the Lake Kalterer See and to the charming winetown, Auer.
You will ride your bike from Auer on the Adige river dam bike path. At the Salurner Klause, the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The route will lead you through famous wine regions of Trentino to the old Episcopal city of Trento (old town, cathedral, castle Buonconsiglio).
Shortly after the old Tyrolean border town Rovereto, you will leave the Adige Valley. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After the only more significant climb (approx. 150 metres) over the small San Giovanni pass, you will head down to the lake. Your bicycle tour will end in Riva or Torbole.
This is an easy and enjoyable tour. You will cycle on beautiful bike ways along the rivers Rienz, Eisack and Adige, down to Rovereto. On your way from the Adige valley to Lake Garda, you will find the only more significant climb. This tour allows for easy cycling with a lot of time for culture, relaxation and enjoyment.
Category: 3*** hotels und 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, FR with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Train journey from Brixen – Toblach incl. your bike
- 1 x pistachio ice cream on the way to Lake Garda
- Brixen Card for many free admissions and discounts
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus every Saturday morning, costs € 60 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Brixen train station
- Verona and Innsbruck airport
- Garage costs approx. € 55 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Free car park, unattended on the outskirts of Brixen
- Public bus from Riva/Torbole to Rovereto, good train connections from Rovereto to Brixen.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
The Bike Hotel Caravel is situated in a fabulous location in the centre of the surfer paradise Torbole, only a few minutes walk from the shores of the deep blue Lake Garda.
Nature, hospitality, and cordiality are our chief concerns
Here at the Kaufmann Bio-Hotel in Auer / Ora, every guest will feel right at home in our family-oriented surroundings. For us, the greatest praise is when departing guests talk about coming back to see us again on their next vacation in South Tyrol.
Your hotel in Brixen South Tyrol
holiday on the sunny side of the Alps...
... where the northern cold beauty and the southern elegance meets together.
This wonderful mix symbolizes all the fascination of Bressanone and this region!
Here, where the rivers Rienza and Isarco mixed their waters, also art, culture,
language and way of life melts together...
Grand Hotel Trento
Located directly at the Piazza Dante in the city centre is the Grand Hotel Trento, which not just impresses with its special architecture.