Arrival in Stockholm
In the evening welcome briefing and bike fitting at our rental shop. Take your first stroll through Sweden’s capital and explore some of many sights and tourist attractions.
Your first cycling day takes you along the third biggest lake in Sweden called ‚Mälaren’ and follows an ancient trade route dating back to the Vikings. On your way to Södertälje, on the island of Lovön, you will find Drottningholm Palace, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Situated directly at and overlooking the lake, this beautiful palace is the place where the Swedish Royal Family was raised. Also worth a visit is a Chinese Palace from the 15th century. The cafe in the basement awaits with Swedish waffles and is a perfect place for a rest. Onwards by ferry towards Södertälje where typical Swedish scenery with fields and forests will amaze you. Sturehof Palace is a great place for a lunch break. The small town of Södertälje south of Stockholm is situated at the canal between Mälaren and the Baltic Sea.
On quiet side roads today’s route leads to ‚Gripsholm Palace’. Also the title of a book by Kurt Tucholsky, who lived in exil in Sweden and has found his final resting place in Mariefred. Mariefred and Gripsholm Palace are two main focal points in Royal Swedish history. You will go back to Stockholm with steamship S/S Mariefred in the evening (duration 3,5 h). Overnight stay in Stockholm. We are happy to extend your holidays with extra nights in Mariefred and/or Stockholm.
Stockholm offers well-maintained cycling paths. Outside the city you cycle on smaller roads with very little traffic, only as a bypass is cycling on roads with moderate traffic unavoidable. The terrain is rather flat on the first two days and the last day, however slightly more hilly on the remaining days.
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: 3*** hotels, 1 overnight stay with shared bathroom
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- 1 Ferry ticket Mariefred - Stockholm
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Stockholm Arlanda or Bromma airport
- Parking approx. EUR 29,- / day
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!