St. Moritz - Bolzano
Along the Inn and Adige Cycle Path.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Cycle via Samedan (Old Tower), La Punt (early Gothic San-Andrea church with frescoes) and Zuoz (pained stained glass windows in the church San Luzi) to Zernez. The cycle path leads through the high-altitude valley of the Oberengadin region. Zernez is the gateway to the National Park (National Park house).
Sample hotel: Spöl
Initially you cycle to Lavin, which has kept the character of an old mountain village. The name of the picturesque village Guarda (‚Look’) comes from the brilliant view you can enjoy from there. Day 3 Finish is Scuol, with a water park «Bogn Engiadina» and Tarasp castle, the majestic landmark of the Engadin.
Sample hotel: Bellaval
From Scoul via Martina to the border. The first Austrian village Pfunds. From here transfer by bus to Nauders. There are just under 70 metres in altitude left up to the Reschen-pass. Descent towards lake Reschensee and onwards on side tracks to Mals (centre of village with many towers) or Burgeis at the foot of Marienburg castle.
Sample hotel: Maraias
For now you cycle to Glurns (totally preserved medieval city wall). Via the Montani-ruins through Schlanders and down to Merano. Castles and palaces (Juval palace owned by mountaineer Reinhold Messners) tower high above or directly on the route. While cycling enjoy the view onto the impressive Ortler massif and the Stilfserjoch. Since 2004 the Vinschgaubahn between Mals and Merano is back in operation and can be used at any time to shorten a bit of the way.
Sample hotel: Flora
Via Lana (Schnatterpeck-altar) and through countless orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolean wine route past many defensive castles, palaces and ruins such as Hocheppan (significant frescoes) as well as at the ’cathedral in the countryside’ (Dom auf dem Lande) in St. Pauls all the way to lake Caldaro. You usually stay in the cosy wine town Auer.
Sample hotel: Groff
Departure or extension
Would it not be wonderful to add on a few extra days...? Great opportunity to extend your tour to Venice or Verona.
You cycle on marvellously well-maintained cycle paths mainly along the rivers Inn and Adige. The total route descends from start to finish over nearly 1200 metres in altitude. Nevertheless, small ascents will be part of the route too. You mainly cycle on bike paths (especially in Switzerland on dirt or gravel surfaces) or on asphalted rural tracks. For very short sectionshowever you may have to cycle on roads with moderate traffic when it is unavoidable
Category: selected 3***-hotels, Bolzano and St. Moritz 4****-hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1 Bus transfer from Pfunds – Nauders incl. your bike
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- St. Moritz central train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Garage CHF 15 per night, payable at the time, no reservation possible
free public parking close to the hotel
- Return transfer bookable at www.bikeshuttle.at
- Return journey with public transport requires a change 3 to 4
- Where visitor’s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!