Other important information
- For a stress-free start to your travel, arriving at the start point by early evening the day before is recommended. The individual return journey takes place on the last day of travel.
- For any costs incurred locally (children, local taxes, dogs etc.), as well as excluded transport and services, please refer to the itinerary or the section “Services/Things to note”.
- If a minimum number of participants is necessary for the trip to take place, this is defined under “Arrival dates”. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the tour by the time specified under the heading “Arrival dates” before the planned travel date. We recommend organising your arrival and departure only after this deadline has passed.
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- The language in which the listed services are provided, as far as this is relevant for the provision of services, can be found under the heading “Services”.
- If special passport or visa requirements are needed for EU citizens, this is indicated under “Arrival/Parking/Departure”.
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended. Information on insurance options to cover the cost of assistance during the journey, including transport in case of accident, illness or death can be found at www.eurobike.at/travel-insurance.
Additional important information for your tour by bike and boat:
- Taking your own bike: Due to limited space available on the sun deck, taking your own bike is only possible on request, and there is limited availability.
- Timetable and programme changes are always possible. In the event of extreme high or low water, the shipping company reserves the right to bridge sections of the route with a bus, or to cancel the journey at short notice without being liable (water level is force majeure). The same applies to officially arranged, previously undisclosed lock and/or bridge repairs, or in the event of damage to the engine, which was not a fault of the vessel.
- Please also bear in mind that your riverboat is both your ‘holiday hotel’ and a working machine that moves via motor power constantly, even at night (sometimes with lock and bridge passages and consequent extension and retraction of structures). Especially noise sensitive guests are recommended to bring earplugs. Lock passages are particularly associated with noise disturbance – it’s the same on all boat trips – and unfortunately cannot be changed!
- Special requests for meals, such as diet or vegetarian food can be catered for after consultation.
- Please note that cabin storage space is very limited. In your luggage you should pack good rain gear (jacket and trousers), a helmet, sun hat and sunscreen and sports shoes.