Active in the land of culinary indulgence
Don’t worry about the few extra kilos you’ll probably gain on your trip to France: get back on the bike the next day. But the outstanding cuisine isn’t the only thing to look forward to in this country. In France you will find historic culture in the cities, breathtaking natural landscapes and the ‘savoir vivre’ lifestyle. How about a cycling holiday in Alsace, which attracts with its sights, or perhaps a cycle tour in Provence, where you can enjoy the sun? Burgundy is sure to attract wine-loving cyclists, and stormy Brittany really appeals to everyone. The cycle paths along the Loire and Rhône offer us cyclists everything needed for unforgettable cycling holidays in France!
Alsace, the colourful region of France, has always been desirable. It boasts cultural influences from both France and Germany. With its quaint colourful half-timbered houses, a lush-green landscape, charming town and incomparable cuisine, Alsace is an extremely popular cycling destination. Be impressed at the beauty of Alsace on the Picture book Alsace cycle tour, enjoy perfect paths on the cycle tours Central Alsace and Alsace - based in one hotel, and taste delicious wines on the tour Alsace Wine Road.
- You can find more information about our cycle tours in Alsace here.
It’s not only the sweet scent of lavender that will seduce you during your cycling holiday in Provence. The salty sea air, the purple fields, the blooming gardens and interesting stage locations are also good arguments for booking a cycle tour in Provence. Combine a relaxing summer holiday by the sea with an active cycling holiday in the countryside. Our range of cycle tours is really tempting, but we recommend espacially the cycle tour of Provence and Carmargue with Charm – look forward to wonderfully warm evenings with a glass of wine in hand, beautiful cycle tours and comfortable, French-style hotels.
- Find out more about our cycle tours in Provence here.
Did you know Burgundy is known for things other than excellent wine? Wonderful cycle trails, beautiful landscapes and picturesque villages make Burgundy the ideal cycling destination. And admittedly, a glass of wine tastes better after a strenuous cycle. Come on! Start packing and look forward to a breathtaking cycling holiday in Burgundy!
- Find more valuable information about the cycling region of Burgundy here.
The French peninsula of Brittany is one of the most beautiful and breathtaking regions of the Grand Nation! See pink-coloured shorelines, screeching seagulls, taste real French crepes and enjoy the fast-changing skies of Brittany. Whether on the bike tour Brittany or Atlantic Coast I, you will return an avid fan.
- You can read more about the cycling region of Brittany here.
Loire Cycle Path
The Loire is one of the most important rivers in France – also for us cyclists, because it’s hardly possible to cycle as well on any other river! Dreamy castles, enchanting landscapes and beautiful cycle paths make you almost believe you are in a fairytale. So what will it be? Do you prefer the tour Castles of the Loire? Or maybe Loire & Atlantic Sea? Find out for yourself.
- If you would like more interesting facts about the Loire Cycle Path, please click here.
Rhône Cycle Path
The cycle paths along the mighty Rhône lead you from the Swiss Alps, past Lake Geneva, to France, where the Rhône flows into the Mediterranean. Look forward to landscapes that could not be more varied. Enjoy the tranquillity and peace of the mountains, listen to the sound of the river and marvel at the many highlights that the stage towns along the Rhône have to offer. Whether on the Swiss Rhône-Route or the tours from Geneva to Lyon or Lyon to Orange – you are sure to take home only the most beautiful memories from France.
- Find all information and tour tips about the Rhône Cycle Path.
Other popular cycle tours in France
Were none of these tours right for you? But that wasn’t all! We bet we can convince you with one of our cycle tours. How about, for example, the wonderfully shady cycle path along the Canal du Midi? Or does the Atlantic Ocean attract you more? Then the cycle tour Bordeaux – Toulouse would be just what you are looking for. Enjoy a variety of cycle tours throughout France.
Visit a floating hotel
Would you like to add an adventure factor to your holiday? Do you think hotels are so yesterday? You are absolutely right! Because today you sleep on ships! On ships that are in no way inferior to a hotel. And the best part is that the hotel follows you every day.
- Find all tour tips for our Bike & Boat tours in France here.
Of course, being the third largest country in Europe, one cannot divide France into one climatic zone. The weather in France is as diverse as the country itself. Generally speaking, there are four climatic zones here. In the north of France there is maritime, moderate weather with pleasant, not too hot temperatures. In the mountains, on the other hand, one encounters cooler weather with cold, snowy winters and cool summers. On the Atlantic coast you can expect mild winters and warm, sunny summer months. Since the weather can change very quickly, the climate on the Atlantic coast is very unstable. You will encounter subtropical weather in the sunny south of France. Look forward to warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine.
Haute Cuisine from France
France, with its world-famous dishes, top chefs and kitchen secrets, is considered to be the birth place of fine cuisine and the centre of good taste. Food is more than just sustenance in France – it’s a piece of culture. With dishes such as coq au vin (chicken in red wine sauce), foie gras (goose liver), tarte flambée or the heavenly dessert of crème brûlèe, the French have achieved international fame. But even the simple things, such as a baguette warm from the oven with fresh butter and cheese, a crispy croissant with jam or a glass of strong Burgundy wine make you feel that you are tasting a piece of heaven. The freshness of the products and the love for the dishes are what makes French cuisine so special. Take some time to enjoy it!
Did you know…
- …that France is the land of civil servants? More than 5 million people work as civil servants in the country of the Seine.
- …that more than 10 billion baguettes are sold in France every year? Well, the French attach great importance to good, fresh bread. Almost every Frenchman buys his bread at the bakery daily. Understandable!
- …that France is the most popular travel destination in the world?
- …that there are more than 40,000 castles in France?
- …that France’s consumption of champagne is the equivalent of half the world’s consumption of champagne? Santè!
- Good morning/day (until about 4pm): Bonjour!
- Good night (if I’m really going home or going to bed): Bonne nuit!
- Hi, bye: Salut!
- Yes/No/Maybe: Oui/Non/Peut-être.
- Please/Thanks: S'il vous plâit/Merci.
- Excuse me, sorry: Pardon.
- Can you help me please?: Pourriez-vous m‘aider, s’il vous plâit?
- How much does…cost?: Combien fait….?
- Where is…, please?: Où se trouve…, s’il vous plâit?
- …the main train station?: ...la gare centrale?
- …the port?: ... le port?
- …the stop?: ...l‘arrêt/la station?
- Left/right: à gauche/ à droite
- Straight ahead: tout droit
- Near/far: près de/loin de
- I have had a breakdown: Ma voiture est tombée en panne.
- Please call…quickly: Pourriez-vous appeler ..., s'il vous plâit
- …an ambulance: …l’ambulance.
- …the police: …la police.
- …the fire brigade: ...le pompiers.
- Help!: Au secours!
- Attention/Caution: Attention!
- Where can I find…: Où se trouve…
- …a good restaurant?: …un bon restaurant?
- …a pharmacy?: …une pharmacie?
- …a bakery?: …une boulangerie?
- …a market?: …un marché?
- …a supermarket?: …un supermarché?
- …a tobacconist?: …un bureau de tabac?
- …a doctor?: …un docteur?
Perfectly organised cycling holidays in France with Eurobike
The most beautiful region, the best cycle paths and the newest bikes are things that contribute to a perfect cycling holiday, but you cannot do it alone. Because if the organisation is not right, that can spoil the most beautiful cycling holidays. So play it safe and contact us! At Eurobike, we know how to organise cycle tours perfectly. We book your hotels, send you the appropriate travel documents before your arrival, deliver your luggage to the nearest accommodation every day, provide you with well-maintained rental bikes on request and assist you on-site in an emergency or on our service hotline. What’s left for you to do then? Just pedal and enjoy!