Alsace wine road
Through vineyards and villages.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
You will leave Strasbourg along the Rhône-Rhine canal which will lead you along its very pretty cycle track into the heart of the Ried.
You will travel through the landscapes and villages of the Alsatian Ried which is rich in aquatic flora and fauna. Arrival in Colmar the capital of the wine of Alsace and the town of art by the cycle track of the channel of Colmar.
From Colmar you follow the alsatian wine route. The dreamy wine-growing villages, with many Alsatian timber-frame houses, and magnificent mediaeval town centres in the midst of extensive vineyards are areas for unwinding, enjoyment and simply relaxing.
At the foot of the Vosges nestle the winemaking villages responsible for the reputation of the Alsatian Grand Crus: Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr.
Along the Wine Route you will discover the villages of Ribeauvillé, Bergheim, Andlau and its abbey, Barr and Obernai.
Country roads and cycle tracks will take you to Rosheim and to Avolsheim. From there, along the cycle track on the banks of the Bruche canal, you will reach the capital of Europe: Strasbourg. Departure or prolongation of your stay.
You will ride mainly on cycle paths, on minor agricultural tarred roads or on little secondary roads without much traffic. In the vineyards slightly hilly route.
Category A: 3***-hotels (french classification)
Category B: 2** and 3***-hotels (french classification)
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English, French) (except Sundays and bank holidays)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best elaborated Route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station of Strasbourg.
- Airport Strasbourg, Basel/Mulhouse or Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden
- Guarded and covered car park costs EUR 60 per week, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time