Through the Swiss Alps by bike? You can do it too!
Do not worry! Switzerland has an ideal cycle tour for every ability level! And besides, Switzerland is not only made up of mountains. You will be surprised how diverse this small country in the heart of Europe is. Because hardly any other country speaks so many languages as Switzerland and has so many influences come together as here! Are you in the mood for the Bella Vita of Italy? Then you will like the picture-perfect Lake Maggiore. Or have you secretly given your heart to France? Then you will probably like our tour from Basel to Strasbourg a lot. Or do you think, I like it all?! On the cycle tour Three Lakes – Four Countries, you get to see the best of them all! But we have a lot more to offer. Keep on reading.
St. Moritz – Innsbruck
Let’s start with our classic tour St. Moritz – Innsbruck! From the Swiss Alps in Engadin you head, over 7 or 8 days, towards Austria. Get to know and love Switzerland and the beautiful region of Tyrol. The luxury ski resort of St. Moritz will give you a warm welcome and spoil you with culinary delights before you set off on your eventful journey to the Golden Roof.
- Find out more about our cycle tour St. Moritz – Innsbruck, 8 days or St. Moritz – Innsbruck, 7 days.
- Our colleague Eva has already experienced this cycle tour! Read how she got on in her blog post.
Basel - Lugano
There really is a lot worth seeing in Switzerland packed into these eight days of cycling. Lucerne, Basel, the beautiful Swiss lakes, the Gotthard Pass, lots of cows, tons of chocolate, tasty cheese and friendly people are waiting for your visit!
- Get to know Switzerland with Eurobike! Ideally on the Cycle tour from Basel to Lugano!
The beautiful Rhône Valley is one of the sunniest areas in Switzerland! That in itself is actually a reason to book this tour. The varied landscape, the great stage locations and cycle paths that are just plain fun add the crown to this tour.
- Would you also like to get to know the Rhône Valley? Then find out more about the Rhône-Route.
Chur – Basel
The first part of the famous Rhine Cycle Route will certainly impress you. Natural beauties such as the wild Alpine Rhine, Lake Constance, the Rhine Falls or the romantic Upper Rhine ensure unforgettable moments on the way to Basel.
- Everything you need to know about the tour Chur – Basel, 8 days can be found here.
Lucerne based in one hotel
The picturesque city of Lucerne on Lake Lucerne is the ideal starting point for discovering Switzerland by bike! Walk in the footsteps of Willhelm Tell, discover medieval cities and marvel at the breathtaking mountains.
- Read a lot more valuable information about the Lucerne Tour, 7 days.
Lake Maggiore based in one hotel
Exotic-looking plants, the scent of Italy, the glistening lake and the stunning hotel will raise the following question in you: Why didn’t I book this tour earlier? Look forward to an incomparable holiday feeling on the beautiful Lake Maggiore!
- All details, dates and prices for the Lake Maggiore tour, 6 days can be found here.
The Swiss climate
The climate in Switzerland is strongly influenced by the Alps, but also by the Atlantic. In winter in this country you can sometimes find arctic cold in the mountains, but the lowlands have a rather humid and mild climate. You don’t always find snow in the lowlands. Spring is generally the way it should be, namely mild, warm and sunny – but April can always surprise you with a cold snap. From May onwards the temperatures shoot up. Expect temperatures between 25 and 30 degrees in the summer months! We think it’s ideal cycling weather! Such is life, you can always be lucky or unlucky with the weather!
As different as the languages and weather is in Switzerland, you can of course also find different influences in Swiss cuisine. German-influenced dishes can be found here on the menu as well as dishes from French and northern Italian cuisine. The absolute highlights and world-famous dishes certainly include the Rösti, the famous cheese fondue and of course the most popular New Year’s Eve dinner, raclette. Swiss cheese is popular all over the world, especially Emmentaler and Gruyère. But those with a sweet tooth will also get their money’s worth in Switzerland. Schweizer Schokoloade, also known as Schoggi, is a protected designation of origin. Hardly any other nation in the world is as good at creating brown-sticky sin as the Swiss. The only thing left for us to do is to wish you a good trip and bon appetite!
Did you know…
- …that in Switzerland you are never more than 16 kilometres from a lake? Because Switzerland has more than 1500 lakes! Impressive, isn’t it?
- …that the average Swiss consumes more than 10kg of chocolate every year? No wonder, with chocolate you just can’t resist!
- …why is Switzerland abbreviated as CH? They are the first letters of the Latin name Confoederatio Helvetica.
- …that, strictly speaking, Switzerland does not have a head of state? The Swiss Federal President chairs the meetings of the Federal Council, which collectively performs the tasks of a President.
Perfectly organised cycle tours in Switzerland
Don’t be intimidated by the imposing mountains – a cycle tour in Switzerland is feasible and recommended for everyone. In addition to the perfect routes, we also offer you our comprehensive service. In detail, this means for you: we will book you the best hotels, provide you with easily understandable travel documents, lend you perfectly maintained bikes if necessary, delivery your luggage to the next hotel on time every day and are also available on site during your cycle tour! Nothing can go wrong!