Lago Maggiore - based in one hotel
Swiss Dolce Vita.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Starting at the hotel direction Locarno along the lake promenade you cycle to the flat Magadino area and go past small forests and big farming areas until you reach the city walls of Ticinos capital: Bellinzona. In this town you find many old castles, hidden places and the old city wall. After a short break you go past romantic towns back to Ascona.
Today’s discoveryleads to the the center of Ascona. You can leave your bicycle there and take the ship to the iles of Brissago. The Botanical Gardens house around 1'700 plant species. Back in Ascona the route leads you from the hectic city centre on small roads to the branchs of the valley Centovalli. Here you have to face one short uphill before visiting sleepy villages. The route then brings you on an easy path back to Ascona.
More than 50 kilometres the river Maggia runs through the alps before finally flowing into the Lago Maggiore. You go past the waterfall at Monte Brolla until you reach the lovely town Maggia. There you have time for a short break and to visit the chapel Santa Maria with its wonderful frescos.
By bicycle to Locarno. The train brings you to Melide. Lake Lugano can definitely compete with Locarno and Ascona. Italien Dolce Vita, colourful villages with the typical stone church towers and even palms can be discovered today! A wonderful trip completes your cycle holiday in this region.
Most of the times you cycle on tarmac and sometimes on gravel roads. When going back from Luino you go on the public road most of the time. Nonetheless this road is very quiet during the day. In the city centres of Locarn or Ascona the cycle paths lead through pedestrian areas. It might be better to push your bicycle to get through. In every tour you have to deal with small uphills, but these should be no obstacles even for unexercised guests. Generally speaking the trips are very easy.
- Accommodation in Albergo Losone
- Breakfast buffet
- Daily entrance to the spa incl. Hammam
- Well elaborated route
- Detail travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Train journeys Locarno – Melide incl. your bike
- Train journeys Lugano - Locarno incl. your bike
- Fairy to the isles of Brissago on the 3rd day
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Locarno train station
- Zurich airport
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!