Lake Reschen - Lake Garda
On Adige Cycle Path to the Lago
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Today you will cycle along Lake Reschen with a great view of the sunken church of Graun until you reach the medieval village of Glurns (perfectly preserved medieval city walls). Your destination is Schlanders, the capital of the famous Vinschgauer.
Sample hotel: Anna
On your way you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch, whilst you are rolling down on your bike into the tranquil Merano with its Mediterranean vegetation.
Sample hotel: Flora
There are two alternative ways leading to Bolzano: either you cycle along the river Adige or you take the way with impressive landscapes through orchards to Lana and Eppan. On this route you can even visit the Messner Mountain Museum, which is located in the renovated ruin Sigmundskron. Ötzi, the Iceman, is surely worth a visit.
Sample hotel: Scala Stiegl
You cycle through numerous orchards and vineyards in the area of the wine trail of South Tyrol. Moreover, you pass a lot of castles, palaces and ruins, as well as the wine village Eppan. Then you continue to Lake Caldaro before you get to Auer.
Sample hotel: Kaufmann
Today, you will cycle on bike paths along the river Adige via the old Tyrolean border town of Rovereto to Mori. From here, the route leads westward to Lake Garda. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short climb to Passo S. Giovanni (150 metres), you will head down to the lake to Torbole or Riva.
Sample hotel: Caravel
Departure or extension
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths mainly along the Adige River. The route will lead you from the Reschenpass (mountain pass) almost 1,500 metres in altitude downhill to Lake Garda. However, you will have to cycle some small climbs too. Overall, you will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and country lanes. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
Category: mainly 3***-hotels and partly 4****-hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Reschen every Saturday, Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, costs € 79,- per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Landeck train station (North Tyrol), public bus to Reschen
- Innsbruck, Munich and Verona airport
- Car park costs approx. EUR 35 per week
- Public bus to Rovereto and train connections via Bolzano and Merano to Mals, public bus to Reschen
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!