Lake Reschen - Lake Garda
On Adige Cycle Path to the Lago.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Reschen
By car (free parking) or by train and bus to Reschenpass (mountain pass) and further to Reschen.
Today you will cycle along Lake Reschensee with a great view of the sunken church of Graun until you reach the medieval village of Glurns (perfectly preserved medieval city walls). Your destination is Schlanders, the capital of the famous Vinschgauer.
On your way you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain massif Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch while you are rolling down on your bike into the tranquil Merano with its Mediterranean vegetation.
Two paths lead to Bolzano: One along the Adige River and another through the impressive landscape of orchards via Lana and Eppan. Here you can find the Messner Mountain Museum in the well-restored ruin of Sigmundskron. Ötzi – the man from the ice – is worth a visit.
From Bolzano, you will cycle along the river Eisack and later along the river Adige on a beautiful bike path that is rich with orchards to Salurn, where the German speaking part of South Tyrol ends and afterwards to the historic centre of Trento accompanied by the vineyards of “Teroldego” vines.
Today, you will cycle on bike paths along the river Adige via the old Tyrolean border town of Rovereto to Mori. From here, the route leads westward to Lake Garda. After a short climb onto Passo S. Giovanni (150 metres) you will head down to the lake and Torbole, Riva, or Arco.
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths mainly along the Adige River. The route will lead you from the Reschenpass (mountain pass) almost 1,500 metres in altitude downhill to Lake Garda. However, you will have to cycle some small climbs too. Overall, you will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and country lanes. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
Category: mostly 3*** hotels, partly 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 x pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Reschen every Saturday, Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, costs € 75 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Landeck train station (North Tyrol), public bus to Reschen
- Innsbruck, Munich and Verona airport
- Free parking at or close to the hotel
- Public bus to Rovereto and train connections via Bolzano and Merano to Mals, public bus to Reschen
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Cozy Alpenhotel Panorama offers a stunning view to the surrounding mountains and lake Reschensee.
City Hotel Merano
The family-run city hotel and the Mediterranean lifestyle of the spa town with its natural surroundings match perfectly: modern and stylish, always a bit different than usual. An exciting contrast to the charming historic centre. Experience Merano, its restaurants, boutiques and markets up close. During a pleasant break in airy suites, dishes full of imagination and a lot of recreation, 365 days a year.
Flora Hotel & Suites
As couple or with the whole family?
The Hotel Flora will delight you
Welcome to Hotel Everest, the hotel in Trento, run by our family for over 60 years – now in the third generation!
A holiday on the Alps’ sunny side – our Landhotel Anna is the ideal starting point for different kinds of activities on the south side of the Alps.
The Bike Hotel Caravel is situated in a fabulous location in the centre of the surfer paradise Torbole, only a few minutes walk from the shores of the deep blue Lake Garda.
Grand Hotel Trento
GRAND HOTEL TRENTO
A 4 star hotel in the historic center of Trento for a stay with maximum comfort.