Arrival in Montecatini
Information on the tour and bike fitting in the evening. For the rest of the day, we recommend taking a walk in the spa park or taking the historical rack railway train to Montecatini Alto.
Auf wunderschön angelegten Wegen zunächst durch Olivenhaine in den charmanten Ort Serravalle. Weite Ausblicke über das Tal belohnen für die erradelten kurzen Anstiege bevor es auf einer herrlichen Abfahrt wieder zurück nach Montecatini geht. Am Weg liegt auch noch der historische Ort Montecatini Alto, welcher zu einem Glas Wein auf der romantischen Piazza Guisti einlädt.
The day starts with a drive to the summit of Monte Pisano (900 m) where you can enjoy an impressive panorama of Pisa and the sea. From here you will start your bike tour with a long descent into the valley. On the bike path along a Roman Viaduct you will get to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Later, you will continue to the Mediterranean coast and through the nature park “Macchia Lucchese” to the “Pearl of the Tyrrhenian coast”: Viareggio. At the end of your tour, you will take the train back to Montecatini.
Die Hauptstadt der Toskana bietet dem Besucher ein weltweit einmaliges Angebot an Palästen, Kirchen, Museen und Kunstschätzen der Renaissance. Der Drahtesel hat sich bereits eine Pause verdient. Vielleicht auch unsere Radler? Der Tag bietet sich natürlich auch an die Annehmlichkeiten des Hotels in vollem Umfang zu genießen.
Today, you will take a shuttle to Casciana Terme. On wonderful ways, through vineyards and rolling hills, you will cycle to San Gimignano. On your way, you will see images of the original Tuscany as they have been painted many times. Just before you reach today’s destination, the silhouettes of the famous medieval towers appear in front of you. After your trip, you will have a transfer back to your hotel.
On the sixth day, you will cycle on small paths through the olive groves of Montecatini to Vinci, the birthplace of Leonardo.This museum dedicated to his genius and his inventions is very impressive. On your way back to the hotel, you will cycle over gently rolling hills and through the lovely countryside of Montalbano.
First, you will cycle through the small, medieval wine town of Monte Carlo, where one of the few white wines of Tuscany flourishes. Then you will continue your tour along the Wine Road “Colline Lucchesi”, through the backcountry, past the beautiful Villa Torriggiani to Lucca. A bike ride on the historic city walls offers magnificent views of churches and towers that rise above the countless roofs of the city. The train will take you back to your hotel.
Tuscany has a wonderful but also hilly landscape. You will cycle on quiet minor roads and sometimes even on country lanes. Close to bigger cities, traffic is unfortunately unavoidable.
- Accommodation in the Grand Hotel Croce di Malta 4**** in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome drink
- Use of outdoor pool and fitness area
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French - with route maps, route description,
local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Bus transfer to Monte Pisano and Casciana Terme such as from San Gimignano incl. your bike
- Train journey from Viareggio – Montecatini and from Lucca – Montecatini incl. your bike
- Train journey to and from Florence excl. your bike
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal 3x or 7x
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Montecatini Terme central train station
- Florence and Pisa airport
- Hotel garage costs approx. € 45 per week, public parking along the street costs approx. € 4 per day
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
Grand Hotel Croce di Malta
Welcome to the Grand Hotel Croce di Malta!