Welcome reception and discussion of the tour. Your first stage will take you along the coast to Capocorp Vell, the Realm of the Cyclops (remnants of the native inhabitant dwellings). Typical wind mills line the way to the salt fields of Llevant with its pink and white shimmering salt lakes. In Sant Jordi, sandy beaches with crystal clear water are awaiting you.
Hotel (example): Sur Mallorca
Today, you will cycle through Ses Salines to a botanical garden and visit the picturesque bay of Cala Santanyi. Later, you will continue your journey through small fishing villages to the famous natural bridge “Es Pontas”. At Porto Cristo you will discover the Dragon Caves with their bizarre images and shapes.
Hotel (example): Felip
On the fourth day, you will cycle through the sedate village of Son Carrio to Manacor, the city of the Majorcan beads and pottery. Afterwards, your journey will take you through Petra (typical Majorcan lunch snack will be prepared) and Santa Margalida and through one of the most charming landscapes of the island to C’an Picafort.
Hotel (example): Platja Daurada
You do not need to pack your suitcase today. You will stay for another night in C’an Picafort. Today’s tour will take you through a bird park (nature reserve) to the Bay of Pollensa (Roman port). Later, you will continue along the coast to Alcúdia (oldest city of the island) and back to C’an Picafort.
Hotel (example): Platja Daurada
Today you will cycle inland through Muro and Inca to the mountains cape of the Sierra de Tramuntana. A bus will take you to the Lluc monastery (possibility for sightseeing) and later to 1,200 m above sea level. Afterwards, you will continue your trip through Fornalutx (most beautiful village in Spain), and partly through orange and lemon plantations to Port de Sóller, one of the most charming fishing villages of the island. Usually, you will get the chance to enjoy an excellent paella meal in Fornalutx (inclusive).
Hotel (example): Marina
By tram to Sóller (excl.). The nostalgic train will take you through the valley of oranges down to the capital Palma (picking fruits is prohibited during the train ride.). There, you will get a guided tour of the beautiful old town. Later, you will continue by bike along the coast to Playa de Palma.
Hotel (example): Java
The different stages are easy to moderate in difficulty: some climbs will be followed by pleasant descents; you cross the Tramuntana Mountains by bus. You will cycle on cycle paths, side roads and mainly on tarmacked agricultural roads, avoiding traffic as much as possible.
Category: 4**** hotels, at Port de Sóller 3*** hotel
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1 Transfer across the Tramuntana mountains with a stop at the Lluc monastery incl. your bike
- 1 Trip with the nostalgic train “Red Thunderbolt” from Sóller to Palma
- 1 Majorcan lunch snack in Petra
- 1 Special paella lunch incl. wine (usually in Fornalutx)
- 1 City tour in Palma de Majorca (German, English)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board dinner from the rich hotel buffet, in Port de Sóller BB
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Palma de Mallorca
- Experience the charming almond blossom time when arriving in February!
- Itinerary subject to change on the first arrival dates in February and March because of hotels being out of order (mainly on the 1st and the 2nd stage of itinerary)
Things to note:
- Tram from Port de Sóller to Sóller on your own, approx. € 6 / person
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!