The other side of the sunshine island
Glittering festivals, magnificent yachts and the vibrant life in the buzzing city of Palma de Majorca – this is how many of us know the Balearic island. But for cyclists, Majorca also opens up a completely different side: namely, the way the island originally, and actually is. Discover the beautiful simplicity of Majorca on your bike, stop off at bubbling streams and enjoy the beauty of this fantastic island. Secluded bays, ancient olive groves and rare species of Spanish flora and fauna will greet you at the edge of the cycle path.
Majorca loop tour
Our classic Majorca tour will inspire. Because on this tour you explore the absolute highlights of “La Luminosa”, as the Spaniards call Majorca.
- Do you want more information? Take a look at the travel blog from our office manager Melanie!
- Find all important details, prices and information on the Majorca loop tour here.
Majorca - Finca, based in two hotels
Cycle tours – yes please! But re-packing your bags – no thanks? No problem! Of course we have just the thing for you. Namely our popular Majorca tour based in two hotels. Two very charming hotels in Campanet and Porreres will welcome you during your unforgettable cycling holiday.
- Does that sound like your dream holiday? Then click here for more information on the Majorca Finca tour based in two hotels.
Majorca Bike & Finca
For those of you who want to get to know Majorca from its authentic side, we have something to offer. Live in country-style fincas and conquer Majorca by bike! Sun, fun and joie de vivre are guaranteed!
- Everything you need to know about the cycle tour Majorca bike & finca can be read here!
Majorca with charm
And if you want a touch more charm and maybe more luxury, then consider this tour. On this tour you have to cycle, but tired legs can relax in style at our very special hotels that will make your holiday even more memorable.
- You can get a taste of the Majorca with charm tour here.
Bike paths in Majorca
Majorca is known among cyclist as a Mecca for the sport. Whether leisure cyclists, ambitious amateurs or professional athletes – there will be something for everyone. Majorca’s cycle path network covers the entire island. There are not as many official cycle paths as in German-speaking countries but we have found the safest and traffic-free side roads and farm roads for you, so cycling is guaranteed to be fun.
The climate in Majorca
The sunny island of Majorca lives up to its reputation. With an average of 7.6 hors of sunshine, the island promises us mostly optimal cycling weather. Even the cool winter months have an average temperature of 15 to 20 degrees, pleasant cycling weather. A particularly beautiful time in Majorca is when the almond blossoms, which takes place from about the end of January to mid-March. During this time the entire island blooms to a fragrant sea of flowers. But spring, summer and autumn are also perfect for cycling, Majorca is a tour for every season.
The Mallorcan cuisine
It’s probably the sun that gives Mallorcan vegetables their incomparable aroma. Of course, local delicacies taste most delicious in the hidden bodegas that can be found all over the island. Try a deliciously fresh trampó (salad of tomatoes, peppers and onions), a Mallorcan suckling pig, Arroz brut (spicy rice dish with meat or fish) or would you prefer Mallorcan soup? Add a glass of cool water from the many springs and the meal is complete. Well, maybe it’d be a little more complete with a glass of well-chilled Mallorcan wine. But then there is only a piece of almond cake missing and the evening can be filled with anticipation for the next day.
- Good morning/day! (until about 4pm): Buenos días!
- Good night! (If you really go home or go to bed): Buenas noches!
- Hello! Bye!: Hola! Adiós!
- Yes/no/maybe: Sí/No/Quizás.
- Please/Thanks: Por favor /Gracias.
- Excuse me: Disculpe/ Perdón.
- Can you please help me?: Me puede ayudar, por favor?
- How much is…?: Cuánto cuesta...?
- Where is…, please?: Disculpe... dónde está...?
- …the main train station?: ...la estación central?
- …the port?: ... el puerto?
- …the stop?: ...la parada?
- Left/right: a la izquierda/ a la derecha.
- Straight ahead: todo recto.
- Near/far: cerca/ lejos.
- I have broken down: Tengo una avería.
- Please call…quickly: Por favor, llame rapidamente a...
- an ambulance: …la ambulancia.
- the police: …la policía.
- the fire department: ...los bomberos.
- Help!: Ayuda!
- Attention!/Caution!: Atención! Cuidado!
- Where can I find…: Dónde puedo encontrar…
- …a good restaurant?: …un buen restorán?
- …a pharmacy?: …una farmácia?
- …a bakery?: …un panadero?
- …a market?: …un mercado?
- …a supermarket?: …un supermercado?
- …a tobacconist?: …un estanco?
- …a doctor?: …un médico?
Did you know…
- …that Majorca means ‘the bigger island’? The smaller island is Menorca.
- …that the first tourist in Majorca was an Austrian? Archduke Ludwig Salvator opened the first boarding house in Majorca, where he had visitors spend the night for free.
- …that eleven mountains with a height of over a thousand metres are located in Majorca?
- …that tennis star Rafael Nadal is one of the most famous sons of Majorca?
- …that four of the ten Majorcan newspapers appear in German, two are in English.
Perfectly organised cycling holidays in Majorca
The beautiful sunny island of Majorca does its best to give you a wonderful cycling holiday. And we’ll do the rest to make it memorable. From the first contact until your journey home, we leave nothing to chance. The best on-site service, perfectly organised luggage transport, 1A travel documents, top hotels and first-class rental bikes will ensure Eurobike is the first call for perfectly organised cycle tours!
Eurobike – because you shouldn’t leave anything to chance on holiday!