Arrival in Bolzano
Welcome briefing and bike fitting.
You will pedal along beautiful cycle paths beside the river Adige, partly through orchards, to Salorno where the German speaking Tyrol ends. The pathways along a dam lead right to Trento (picturesque old town).
First, you will continue to cycle along the Adige, through Rovereto and on to Mori from where the tour leads westwards towards Lake Garda. After a short ascent, you will descend down to the lake to Torbole and further on to Riva. From here, a boat trip will then take you down the entire length of the lake.
Partly flat, partly slightly hilly, the route will take you through the vineyards on to Verona, a town full of sights (the Festival Arena, Juliet’s house, the old town walls).
Today’s route is initially flat and then you will cycle through the Monti Berici hills to the excursion area of Vicenza, with a beautiful view over the city. To make this longer stage a bit shorter, you can also travel the first part by train to San Bonifacio. In the old town of Vicenza you can feel the spirit of Palladio, the famous architect from the Middle Ages.
On leaving Vicenza, you will see numerous Venetian villas, such as the Villa Rotonda. The route along the river Bacchiglione leads to Abano Terme, one of the famous Italian spa towns. From Abano Terme, you can easily travel by bus to Padua, the city of St Anthony and the scholars. There you will have enough time to enjoy the thermal baths. If you are culturally-minded, you can enjoy Padua overnight for an additional charge!
With a light wind behind you most of the time, it’s an easy ride towards the sea. The landscape is full of meadows and fields. This stage will take you to the mainland before Venice, with its excellent bus service into the city of lagoons.
The tour can also be combined with the Adige cycle path, as well as the “Venice to Florence” tour.
The terrain is flat to slightly hilly. The only strenuous stretch is through the Monti Berici hills. The first two stages are mainly cycle paths and to the south and east of Lake Garda mostly service and side roads. Due to a lack of cycle paths along some sections, cycling on roads with moderate traffic is unfortunately unavoidable. Nearly all roads are asphalted.
- Overnight stays in the selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Frensh) with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- EUROBIKE signposting
- Boat ride on Lake Garda incl. bike
- 1x pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- 1x little Grappa tasting session in Venice
- GPS tracks available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Bolzano every Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, costs € 68 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bolzano train station
- Verona, Venice and Treviso airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 70,- per week in category charme and category A € 50,- per week in category B, payable at the hotel, no reservations possible! Free unattended car park outside the city centre
- Good train connections from Venice to Bolzano
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
We are sure, that you will enjoy your stay in the charming Hotel Aqua in the heart of Abano Terme
Welcome to Key Hotel
Modern 3-star hotel in Vicenza in the heart of the Veneto region and just a stone’s throw from the historical city centre, ideal for discovering the local art, food and wine traditions.
Welcome to Hotel Everest, the hotel in Trento, run by our family for over 60 years – now in the third generation!
The hotel Suisse is an excellent location to discover the artistic beauty of Sirmione, take advantage of the various sporting activities on the lake and enjoy all the recreational opportunities the territory offers from spas to trekking paths.
Grand Hotel Trento
GRAND HOTEL TRENTO
A 4 star hotel in the historic center of Trento for a stay with maximum comfort.
Vicenza Tiepolo Hotel
The Hotel Tiepolo is a modern and elegant, built in 2000.
The hotel location between the Vicenza Fair, the historic center of the city and the local production Tiepolo make the perfect place for business and leisure travelers.
Hotel Mercure Venezia Marghera
Newly built, modern hotel in perfect location.