Take a holiday with Pippi Longstocking
Close your eyes for a moment and imagine yourself taking a peaceful cycle through lush green meadows, gazing out over a deep blue lake. On its bank sits a lonely bright red, small wooden house, with smoke rising from the chimney and the little girl playing outside with her dolls calls out a friendly “Hej, hej!”. This is not a scene from an Astrid Lindgren story – this is Sweden! On breathtakingly beautiful cycle stages you will get to know the enchanting surroundings around Stockholm. Believe us, Stockholm is really worth visiting!
Round trip from Stockholm
The city on the water, as Stockholm is known in this country, is a reason in itself to travel to Sweden. This cycle tour will also take you to more unknown places and you will love every kilometre; of that we are sure!
- You will find the most important information about this wonderful cycle holiday from Stockholm.
The flat cycle paths along the Kattegat route take you from beautiful Helsingborg to the metropolis of Gothenburg. Experience authentic Swedish life up close, look forward to culinary delights and relax with mind, body and soul!
- You can find the stage locations, prices and dates for the cycle tour of the Kattegat route here.
Island Hopping around Stockholm
Did you know that the Swedish capital actually consists of many islands, and is surrounded by many others? In total there are over 30,000 of these so-called archipelago islands. Look forward to an optimal mix of island idyll and big city charm.
- More information about the popular Island Hopping around Stockholm cycle tour can be found here.
Stockholm – Copenhagen
From Stockholm you cycle south on this tour along the Swedish west coast. On your varied route to Copenhagen you will be amazed at the sights you see. Have fun on your cycle tour from Sweden to Denmark!
- Where? How? When? Find out everything about the Stockholm – Copenhagen cycle tour here.
Lake Mälar round trip
Who can say that they have cycle around one of Sweden’s largest lakes by bike? Maybe you soon? A round trip around Lake Mälaren is definitely worthwhile! Let us take you to the land of the Vikings while you concentrate on yourself and enjoying the wonderful landscape that you can admire from the saddle of your bike.
- Want to know more? Then please click here and get detailed information about the Lake Mälar round trip.
The pearl of the Baltic Sea attracts with its cosy cycle paths, hidden beaches, small cafès and picturesque villages! Optimal conditions for a carefree cycling holiday! Put on your cycling shorts and head off to Gotland!
- Find out the important details about cycling holidays in Gotland here.
The land of the midnight sun
The best time to travel to Sweden is summer, without a doubt. Between May and September, Sweden is simply beautiful, the temperatures are pleasant and light conditions are best. Look forward to mild summer days on your bike and cosy nights under the midnight sun. The further north you are in Sweden, the later the sun will go down in the summer. It doesn’t go down in the north. And you should travel to Sweden during the Solstice, you can enjoy magical light displays and a special atmosphere. A spectacle not to miss!
There’s not only crisp bread here
The Swedish kitchen can be described in a few short words – simple but good. Everything that goes in the pot can be found locally – game, fish, herbs, vegetables, potatoes, mushrooms. The Swedish dish everyone that has been to Ikea knows is köttbullar. These are excellently seasoned meatballs in a cream sauce, which are usually served with mashed potatoes, cucumber salad and cranberry sauce. Sill (herring), isterband (a coarse sausage), kroppkakor (potato dumplings filled with meat), gravid lax or simply pannkaka (pancakes) are also enjoyed in Sweden. Have you ever tried moose? In Sweden you have the chance. Smaklig måltid!
Things to see in Stockholm
- The Vasa Museum – admire the spectacular 17th Century ship that sank in Stockholm harbour on its maiden voyage.
- The uninhabited castle of Stockholm
- Gamla stan – the old town
- The Skansen Open Air Museum
- Junibacken – an excursion into the world of Astrid Lindgren
Did you know…
- …that Finland was once a part of Sweden?
- …that Sweden has not been involved in a war in over 200 years?
- …that more than half of Swedish territory is covered by forests?
- …that the refrigerator was invented in Sweden?
- …that there’s nowhere else in the world that has as few murders than Sweden?
- …that the Swedes love sweets? On October 4th they even celebrate the day of the cinnamon roll!
Perfectly organised cycle tours in Sweden
When travelling to such a beautiful country as Sweden by bike, you should really be able to concentrate on the landscape, the friendly people, the interesting culture and endless cycle paths. Choose the easiest way – book with Eurobike! We take care of your travel planning from first contact to departure. We book well equipped hotels in the desired category, provide you with perfect travel documents, deliver your luggage to your next accommodation on time every day, offer well-maintained rental bikes and are available to help and advise you on our service hotline. It could hardly be more stress-free!