Stockholm - Copenhagen
Two Nordic capital cities, the Kattegatt & the royals
Arrival in Stockholm
Take a first stroll through Sweden’s capital and explore some of the many sights and tourist attractions. In the evening a welcome briefing and bike fitting (if booked) takes place. Overnight stay in Stockholm.
The bike trip takes you along an ancient trade route that has existed since the Viking Age, skirting along Sweden’s third largest lake, Lake Mälaren. On the way, you pass the World Heritage listed Drottningholm Palace. Here, right on the shore of Lake Mälaren, the royal family grew up. The Chinese Pavilion dating from the 18th century is worth a visit too. You continue by short ferry trip in direction Södertälje. At Sturehov, located in eastern Lake Mä laren, it’s time for a late lunch. Södertälje, home of Scania is located south of Stockholm where Lake Mälaren is connected to the Baltic Sea through the lock in Södertälje canal. Overnight stay in Södertälje.
The early bird catches the worm - at 8.30am you take the express train to Gothenburg, where you will be around lunch time. In the afternoon there is enough time to explore the southern archipelago of Gothenburg, you reach it in less than an hour by ferry (not included). Explore the car free islands of Styrsö and Donsö, as well as the silence and idyll of the archipelago. Take a bath in the refreshing sea before you head back to Gothenburg and enjoy the evening in one of the numerous restaurants of the city.
While cycling out of town you pass Särö, the former playground of the ancient royal family and Gothenburg high society. Cliffs, lush forests, bays and marinas line your path. In the late afternoon you reach Kungsbacka, a cozy small town with impressing old city
Enjoy the breathtaking vies on today’s route along horse farms and fields, additionally the Li burial ground with its more than 100 stone megaliths is worth to see. Once you reach Åsa the sea is accompanying you again and leading you to Varberg. Visit the fortress with its Bockstensmann, a medieval man’s body found from the 14th century (not included).
Look forward to picturesque fishing villages and handicraft. In Träslövsläge you can feast on freshly cooked lobsters and stroll through the older parts of the city. You continue to Falkenberg, one of the oldest cities in the area. Afterwards you go by train within 90 minutes to Helsingborg where you stay overnight.
After breakfast the ferry (ca. SEK 450 per person, not included) brings you in just 20 minutes to Helsingør which means you have reached Danish territory. Take your time to stroll through the picturesque harbour city and visit palace Kronoberg before you continue along beautiful sandy beaches, wonderful landscapes and magnificent smelling forests to pulsating capital city of Denmark.
Departure or extension
After breakfast your tour ends in Copenhagen. We are happy to extend your holidays with extra nights.
You cycle on well sign-posted bike paths and gravel roads as well as side roads with less traffic, short sections are on roads with more traffic. To some extent there are simpler trail conditions with raw gravel. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.
| Season 1 |
10.05.2020 - 23.05.2020
06.09.2020 - 13.09.2020
| Season 2 |
24.05.2020 - 06.06.2020
23.08.2020 - 05.09.2020
| Season 3 |
07.06.2020 - 22.08.2020
|Stockholm - Copenhagen, 8 days, SE-STRSK-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||569.00||569.00||569.00|
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels
| Season 1 |
May 10, 2020 - May 23, 2020
Sep 6, 2020 - Sep 13, 2020
| Season 2 |
May 24, 2020 - Jun 6, 2020
Aug 23, 2020 - Sep 5, 2020
| Season 3 |
Jun 7, 2020 - Aug 22, 2020
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||158.00||158.00||158.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||135.00||135.00||135.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||234.00||234.00||234.00|
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German and English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels (not on the 3rd day, on the train luggage need to be transported by the client)
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1 Train ride Södertälje – Gothenburg
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Good train connection between Stockholm and Copenhagen
- Stockholm or Copenhagen airport
- Arrival by car to Stockholm/Copenhagen: car park in Stockholm approx. EUR 29 per day and in Copenhagen approx. EUR 34 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Good train connection between Copenhagen and Stockholm
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry Helsingborg – Helsingor, approx. SEK 450 per person
- Boat ride Gotheburg – Styrsö, approx. SEK 40 per person
- Train ride Falkenberg – Helsingborg, approx. SEK 220 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!