Majorca with Charm
By bike across the enchanting holiday island
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Today you can take in the atmosphere of the island’s capital. In the evening there is a tour briefing and bike issue.
From the Placa d’Espanya you cycle by the sea and follow the coastal cycle path to Playa de Palma. Continue along the coast to Capocorp Vell, the kingdom of the Cyclops (remains of traditional houses). Wind turbines line your way to the salt fields of Llevant where you see the pink-white shimmering salt lakes. Before you reach your accommodation, you’ll find the white sandy beach ‘Es Trenc’. It’s considered the most beautiful in Mallorca, so take a break or cool off in the deep blue sea.
Once again, you will love the coastal landscape in the picturesque bay of Cala Santanyi and the famous natural bridge ‘Es Pontas’. As you travel inland things become quieter. You’ll see low stone walls bordering fields. For centuries, the gnarled olive trees in the fields were protected by stately fincas.
Nowhere in the world is there so many windmills in one small area as on Mallorca. In the past they were an important part of agriculture on the island. Their function was either to grind grain or to pump water into the fields. On today’s stage, you will pass some very beautiful examples.
The route takes you along beautiful paths through olive groves via Sant Joan to Petra. Here a traditional Mallorcan ‘lunch snack’ is prepared for you in a restaurant on the lovely village square. Through one of the most enchanting landscapes of the island, the ‘Pla’, you will cycle to charming Santa Margalida and further on to the coast. It’s not far along the Playa del Muro until you reach your hotel in Alcanada. From here you can enjoy a fantastic view over the bay with it’s almost Caribbean blue sea!
Accompanied by almond trees you cycle along the World Heritage site of Tramuntana to the ‘leather city’ Inca. From here the transfer bus takes you to the monastery Lluc (visit possible) and further to 1200m above sea level. The departure by bike leads to one of the most beautiful villages in Spain, Fornalutx. There you can enjoy delicious paella in a cosy terrace restaurant. Continue through orange and lemon groves down to Port de Sóller, one of the island’s most charming fishing villages.
Take the old tram (excl.) to Soller. From there the famous train heads up the serpentine line and down through the valley of oranges to the capital of Palma. At the station, our city guide will be waiting to take you on a tour of the beautiful old town.
Departure or extension
The stages are easy to moderate: there are some climbs followed by magnificent descents, the Tramuntana mountains are crossed by bus. Cycling is on cycle paths, side roads and asphalted farm roads, always as low traffic as possible.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1 x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Transfer across the Tramuntana mountains with a stop at the Lluc monastery incl. your bike
- 1 Trip with the nostalgic train “Red Thunderbolt” from Sóller to Palma
- 1 Majorcan lunch snack in Petra
- 1 Special paella lunch incl. wine (usually in Fornalutx)
- 1 City tour in Palma de Majorca (German, English)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Palma de Mallorca airport
Things to note:
- Tram from Port de Sóller to Sóller on your own, approx. EUR 6 / person
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!