At the morning the welcome briefing and the bike distribution take place.This tour leads over some smooth hill next to the lake from where you have wonderful views on Lake Lucerne and the famous mountain pasture Rigi. Green meadows and calm streets make the city seem very far away. After some kilometres you reach Küssnacht with its lake promenade and continue to Weggis where the ship brings you to the other side of the lake. From here you cycle to the peninsula Horw, from where it is easy to cycle back to the city.
From the town centre of Lucerne you go through a small village called Emmenbrücke and up to a small quiet hill, where you find many beautiful farm houses. There are some ups and downs in this part but you have a lovely view on the close mountain panorama. After some time you reach the monastery Werthenstein und from here you roll smoothly back to Lucerne.
To Surseeapprox. 65 km
Today’s goal is the picturesque town Sursee situated on the shore of Lake Sempach. You cycle past small villages on calm streets and past farms and meadows until you reach the lake. Sursee is a perfect spot for a lunch break. Take your time to walk through the lovely town centre and try some Swiss specialities. The way back leads on the shore of the lake.
The first part of this route leads you again to Küssnacht at Lake Vierwaldsee. From here you reach in a few kilomters Lake Zugersee. In Ammensee you board the ship to Zug. From here along the bank to Rotkreuz, and from here along a forest experience path back to Lucerne
You go past Emmenbrücke to find Lake Baldegg, which is a wonderful nature sanctuary. Next to the lake you can visit castle Wildegg with its beautiful garden. You may visit this castle before you cycle one last time back to your hotel.
Easy to intermediate trips, most of the time you drive on tarmac roads. When going back from monastery Werthenstein you go on a busy street. There are some uphills on every tour.
Hotel: Hotel Seeburg 3*** and 4****
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Voucher for a welcome drink
- Welcome briefing
- Detail travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Boat trips incl. your bikes: Weggis – Beckenried, Immensee-Zug
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Lucerne train station
- Zurich airport
- The hotel has parking facilities, costs approx. CHF 10 a day, no reservation possible, payable on site.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!