Bordeaux - Toulouse
The Green Line and the Garonne Channel.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum participants: 2
Arrival in Bordeaux
Arrival in Bordeaux and check-in in your hotel, you can get started with your bikes. You can either visit Bordeaux by bike or by foot.
You leave Bordeaux on a cycle path. Between Dordogne and Gironde, by the city of Bastide de Créon, la Sauve Majeure (former Benedictine abbey).
If you continue to St Martin:
You cross the beautiful medieval village of Sauveterre de Guyenne, a beautiful historical town with 4 gates and its fortified town founded in 1281. It’s also the county of the canton of Entre Deux Mers (AOC). The path is entirely on a cycle lane and on the green line named “Roger Lapébie” after the famous cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1937.
From Frontenac to Sauveterre de Guyenne, by the ”Voie Verte” (the bastid worths a tour), and Sauveterre de Guyenne à la Réole by small raods for 26km, after that you reach the cycle path of the Garonne canal that you will follow until Fouques sur Garonne or the Mas d’Agenais.
At the Mas d’Agenais, don’t miss the visit of the beautiful roman church that contains a real treasure: an authentic Rembrandt. Continue along the green canal where youwill have plenty of opportunities to stop. You pass by the town of Damezan, founded in 1259. The rest of the day continues just like the canal: calm and gentle until the village of Sérignac.
You continue along the Garonne Canal, you pass by the superb bridge of Pont Canal d’Agen with a stop in the historical city centre of Agen. The day continues along the canal until Moissac, centre of roman art, on the Santiago de Compostella Way. The abbaye and the cloister are part of the UNESCO world’s heritage. Moissac’s landscape is dominated with orchards and vineyards of the famous Chasselas. This is the place where the Tarna the Garonne meet.
The Garonne and its canal will lead us into the heart of Toulouse (« la ville Rose », the pink city) at the end of 56 locks of the Garonne canal.
Departure or extension
Easy to average. Stages from 29 to 67km per day according to the program, 2 to 5h bike per day. The terrain is flat. From Bordeaux, the route profile has a few ascents and descents but it becomes flat when you reach the canal.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- 1 dinner (Fourques sur Garonne/ St. Martin de Lerm)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bordeaux or Toulouse train station
- Bordeaux or Toulouse airport
- Information concerning car arrival and parking opportunities are on request!
- Well train connections between Bordeaux and Toulouse
Things to note:
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!