Itinerary at a glance
You'll savor the Provence with all your senses, as evidenced by the scents and colors of the lavender fields. With the Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, you visit one of the largest springs in France, and Roussillon and Gordes are two of the most beautiful places in the region.
Individual journey to Gargas. Relax by the hotel's beautiful pool with a view of the Luberon
The area around Gargas was once the centre of ochre mining. Start the day with a visit to an old quarry that bears witness to the glorious years of the ochre industry. Wander through a labyrinth of galleries that are more than 40 kilometres long and 15 metres high. Later, cycle through the Colorado Provencal, a unique landscape that glows in a variety of ochre colours.
A visit to L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is undoubtedly a must on any tour of Provence. On Sundays, one of the most beautiful markets attracts visitors to the pretty little town, which is known throughout France for its many antique shops. It is also worth making a detour to the Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, one of the largest springs in France.
Today we head for the Luberon. First, we head to Bonnieux and continue via Buoux, with its high, jagged rock faces, on to Saignon, with a magnificent view of the Vaucluse mountains and Mont Ventoux.
Lacoste with the castle of the Marquis de Sade, Ménerbes, a charming medieval town and the small but old Oppede-le-Vieux are the stops on this stage. The route leads up and down through a scenic region.
This stage takes you through two of the most beautiful villages in France. Roussillon impresses with its variety of colours, all in ochre tones of course, and Gordes with its exceptional location. In the immediate vicinity of Gordes, two other sights await, the abbey of Sénanque and the Village des Bories, a village of stone huts.
Some of the cycle tours lead through hilly terrain. You cycle mainly on small, low-traffic roads and tarmac farm tracks. With an electric bike, this is an easy tour for everyone.
Prices and dates
Category: see description
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation at the Hotel Mas De La Tour
- 1 Welcome drink on the arrival day
- 1 multi-course meal by arrangement on site
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Avignon-Provence, Marseille or Lyon airport
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/ necessary
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.