You leave Strasbourg on the cycle path along the Rhone-Rhine Canal, heading south.
You cycle over the Rieddörfer and along the channel from Markolsheim which brings you to the artistic town of Colmar.
On beautiful laid out cycle paths you go via Neuf-Brisach to Ottmarsheim. It is wirth visiting the basilica built in the 12th century. Continue along the cyacle path along the Rhine Canal to the centre of Mulhouse.
Along cycle paths and small roads you pass the open air museum, the "Eco-museum of Alsace", until Ungersheim. Then continue on the route at the foot of the Vosges peaks until you reach Guebwiller.
The villages of Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr are among the most beautiful and most famous villages of the wine route. Take your time and do some wine tasting!
A multitude of beautiful wine villages and well-known vineyards awaits you today.
In Rosheim, the Alsatian Romanesque experience reaches a climax with the 12th century church of St. Peter and St. Paul. Then you follow the Canal de la Bruche to Strasbourg. Departure.
You cycle mostly on bike paths, tarred agricultural roads and sometimes on side streets with less traffic. The stages in the vineyards are a little bit hilly.
Category A: 3*** hotels (French classification)
Category B: 3*** and 2** hotels (French classification)
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (GER, EN), except on Sundays and bank holidays
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel information 1x per room (GER, EN, FR) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Strasbourg train station
- Strasbourg, Basel/Mulhouse or Karlsruhe/Baden- Baden airport
- Indoor watched parkings, approx. EUR 60 per week, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time