Arrival in Beaune
Welcome by the tour guide in the late afternoon. Beaune is wine-capital of Burgundy and has a picturesque old town. Visit „Hôtel-Dieu“, the old hospital of poor.
You cycle via Chagny to castle Rully, a medieval fortress in midst of vineyards. Join the Voie Verte, an old railway track converted into a cycle path and cycle to Buxy. The picturesque little town surrounded by vineyards.
On your last cycle day, you enjoy the idyllic river valley of Saône, a 480 km long river, springing in the Vosges and mouthing into river Rhone near Lyon. When you reach Beaune, take your time for a stroll through the picturesque little town.
Threw the railway tunnel of Bois Clair (longest bike tunnel in Europe, length 1, 6 km). Afterwards you cross the boarder to Macônnais. The last 20 km you cycle relaxed into the valley of Macôn. We recommend visiting the old city and historic bridge. Especially in the evening, you have awesome views from the new promenade next to river Saône.
You cycle through „Bresse“to Ferme-de-la-Foret, a typical farm of the region. Louhans is capital of Bresse and is justly named “the most beautiful detour of France”.
Today you should stop in St. Loup-de-Varennes. Here photography was invented and the local museum of photography shows many exhibits from this time. In the afternoon, you meet again with river Saône and reach Chalons-sur-Saône, second largest city of Burgundy with important river port for the export-goods wine and corn.
Der letzte Radltag führt gemütlich und beschaulich durch das romantische Tal der Saône, eines 480 km langen Flusses, der in den Vogesen entspringt und in Lyon in die Rhône mündet. In Beaune haben Sie heute noch Zeit für einen Bummel durch das sehr schmucke Städtchen. Beenden Sie Ihre Radreise mit einem guten Burgunder!
Departure or extension
Departure or extension
Easy cycle tour, partly using the „Voie Verte“(old railway tracks or bridle paths along canals), thus avoiding climbs. Otherwise you are using cycle paths off the traffic and minor roads.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German; English; French)
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Beaune train station
- Airport Lyon
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!