Itinerary at a glance
Your tour begins in the beautiful city Donauwörth, where the former most important trade route between Nürnberg and Augsburg crosses over the Danube. Booked rental bicycles will be available for collection at your hotel.
You will once again speed along today’s route on good quality surfaces. Just before Marxheim you will come to the foothills of the Franconian Jura which will introduce some small hills to your cycle. Don’t miss a visit to the old town of Neuburg before continuing on towards Ingolstadt. The Museum Mobile is worth a visit. Or why not take a stroll through the old town within the old fortified walls.
The tour usually takes you directly through the Danube meadows along the river to Bad Gögging. From here it is only a few kilometres to Abensberg. The small town has an endearingly renovated historic old town. You should not miss the beer garden of the Hundertwasser brewery Kuchlbauer.
First you cycle to the Weltenburg monastery. From there it's back by boat to Kelheim. Today’s route leads you to Regensburg, the most northerly point of the Danube and the best preserved city in Germany, a world cultural monument by UNESCO.
You should take your first break of the day at the Walhalla Temple near Donaustauf. Your trip then continues on along the Danube which curves along the broad, flat landscape in generous meanders. You will pass Wörth Castle and find yourself in the middle of the so-called “Gäuboden” landscape. Today`s destination is the town of Straubing, which looks back on a Celtic and Roman past and has a distinctive town tower.
Today you will firstly cycle through Bogen, which attained fame in 1104 when a statue of a pregnant Madonna was found. You will then continue on through Pfelling and Mariaposching and on to the Benedictine Abbey of Metten, before coming to Deggendorf, the gateway to the Bavarian Forest.
In no time at all you will reach your destination, the three-river city and former diocesan town of Passau. Take time to discover the Danube, Inn and Ilz on a boat trip and round off your holiday with a stroll through the old town or a visit to the Feste Oberhaus Fortress.
After breakfast you may return home or extend your stay.
To a large extent the route is flat and along asphalt paths, some parts of the path run along compressed earthen paths. Comfortable.
Prices and dates
Category: hotels of 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish)
- 1 entry Museum Mobile, Ingolstadt
- 1 boat trip Weltenburg-Kelheim incl. bike (on 3rd or 4th day)
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Donauwörth or Wörnitzstein train station
- Munich, Stuttgart or Frankfurt/Main airport
- Public car park in Donauwörth EUR 5 per day, no reservation possible
- Public car park in Wörnitzstein without charge, no reservation possible
- Good train connection from Passau to Donauwörth
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.