Lake Constance compact
Mainau, Zeppelin and Mostindien.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Constance
Make the most of your stay and visit flower island Mainau or stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance. Here the Council of Constance met from 1414 to 1418 in the Munster and the Council House under presiding Emperor Sigismund. The objective of the council was a thorough reform of the roman-catholic church. Very interesting are also the aquariums of Seal Life Centre and the archaeological museum. Distribution of your rental bicycles (if booked). Overnight stay is in Constance.
First highlight is the island Reichenau, world cultural heritage since 2001. You should visit the church of St. Georg with its frescoes. Trip Reichenau is possible with additional kilometres.
Today you cycle in Switzerland and back to Constance. One fisher village after the other, Gottlieben is said to be the most beautiful. Get on a boat in Wallhausen and reach the once independent city Überlingen with late-gothic Munster and beautiful park and Lake Promenade. Overnight stay is in Überlingen.
Überlingen –Wasserburg/Lindau (Cat A) Überlingen - Kressbronn/Nonnenhorn (Cat B)approx. 60/50 km
Leaving Überlingen in the morning you cycle through vineyards to Zeppelin city Friedrichshafen. The baroque style pilgrim church Birnau and ancient Meersburg cross your path. Vineyards, orchards and a stunning view of the Alps are steady companions on your cycle tour today. Overnight stay is in Kressbronn and surroundings.
Cycling through large orchards you reach Bavarian Lindau, picturesque city on a peninsula. Next station is Bregenz. The capital of Austrian federal country Vorarlberg is renowned for the yearly summer festival on the biggest lake-stage worldwide. Afterwards you cross the delta of river Rhine, home of an important natural reserve. Overnight stay is in the region Höchst/Rorschach.
On your last day you visit Romanshorn, largest and most important Swiss port on Lake Constance. Along the lake you cross the apple-canton Thurgau. Tidy little half timbered villages line the way back to Constance. Today you should visit island Mainau, if you did not have the opportunity earlier. Return of rental bicycles and overnight in Constance.
The first stages are a little bit hilly. Lake Constance cycle path runs along the edge of the lake, mostly flat and without traffic. Sometimes minor roads are used, allowing beautiful scenic views. Appropriate for families.
Category A: 3***- or 4****hotels
Category B: 2**- or 3***hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE,EN,FR,NL,FR,IT)
- Entrance rosarium museum Constance, 1 cup of coffee is included
- Boat tour Wallhausen/Dingelsdorf – Ueberlingen incl bicycle
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Constance train station
- An arrival is available to every tour place. Hotel parking spaces are available from € 20 to € 50 per week. In Constance there is the possibility to park for € 40 at the office, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!