Dolomites - Venice
Following the tracks of the old Dolomite train...
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
From Niederdorf/Toblach we follow the cycle path through the valley Höhensteintal, past Lake Toblachersee and the soldiers-graveyard, reminding us of the World War I. Further on we cycle past the lake Dürrensee, to the left you see the remarkable mountains “Drei Zinnen” (translated meaning as much as three pinnacles). Here a slight ascent leads to the boarder “Gemärk – Cimabanche” into the county Belluno. Now we descent relaxed, the valley opens to the south and we reach the Dolomite-city Cortina with the marvellous mountain-scenery.
Today we cycle slightly downhill, mostly on the old railway terrace. To our left we see the mountains of Sorapis and to the right the “Five Towers” – Cinque Torri. Via the Boite-valley the way leads farther on to the south until we reach the point of intersection Pieve/di Cadore. From here you follow the new cacle path to Longarone. This town was rebuilt in a quite short time period, because in 1963 there was an avalanche into an accumulation lake so the whole village was flooded. From Longarone you cycle to today’s destination Belluno.
We cycle from Belluno, the capital of the same province through deciduous alleys and hilly landscape to Feltre. On the way are picturesque small villages, inviting you for a rest. In the north you can have a few on the massive Dolomites.
Die ersten Kilometer gemütlich und nach einer rasanten Abfahrt gelangen Sie in das Brentatal und erreichen, dort wo der gleichnamige Fluss Brenta in die Ebene gelangt die Stadt Bassano del Grappa. Den Namen Grappa hat die Stadt zwar vom Monte Grappa, aber einen guten, wohlverdienten Schnaps kann man nach Erreichen des heutigen Tageszieles trotzdem genießen, vielleicht während Sie eine der Hauptsehenswürdigkeiten dieser Stadt bewundern: San Francesco, das "Museo Civico" (Museum) oder die Piazza della Libertà.
We finally leave the Alps and soon can admire the first villas of the star-architect Balladio. The little town Asolo invites us to take a break before we cycle on to the town Treviso – the town of watercourses. Along the canals not only the arcades and the facades of the houses are to be discovered but also a great number of shops. The hot spot of fashion is found here.
Along the river Sile we cycle on the Adria, directly to Venice (mainland/Mestre), to pay our respect to „Serenissima“ with all her stately buildings.
Easy tour; the first two days you are cycling mostly on the old railway-trace of the Dolomite-railway. From the 3rd day slightly uphill and downhill passing small typical Italian villages and idyllic landscape , the last day flat trough the plain. This cycle tour is convenient for children from 14 years.
- Accommodation in hotels as mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour information (German, English, Italian)
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Well-prepared route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Italian with route maps, way description, sight-seeing, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Return transfer from Venice/Mestre to Niederdorf/Toblach by shuttle bus every Saturday and additionally every Wednesday in June, July and August, cost € 65 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary, payable in advance, min. 2 persons
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station Niederdorf and Toblach
- Airport Treviso and Venedig Marco Polo
- Car park, free of charge in the Hochpustertal valley on a close public car park
- Good train connection from Venice/Mestre
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!