Itinerary at a glance
You'll follow the former Dolomites railway routes, passing through Höhlensteintal and Lake Toblach. With views of the Tre Cime (Three Peaks) and the Brenta Valley, you'll cycle toward the sea, passing through the cities of Asolo and Treviso before reaching Venice!
From Niederdorf/Toblach you follow the cycle path along the former trails Dolomite train through the valley Höhensteintal, past Lake Toblachersee and the soldiers-graveyard, reminding us of the World War I. Afterwards you will have a unique panoramic view of the rock formation of the “Thee Peaks” before you reach Lake Dürrensee. After a short climb you reach Bolzano and county Belluno. Now you descent relaxed, the valley opens to the south and you reach the Dolomite-city Cortina with the marvellous mountain-scenery.
Today you cycle continuously downhill, mostly on the old railway terrace. To your left you see the mountains of Sorapis and to the right the “Five Towers” – Cinque Torri. Via the Boite-valley the way leads farther on to the south until you reach the point of intersection Pieve/di Cadore. From here you follow the new cycle path to Longarone. This town was rebuilt in a quite short time period, because in 1963 there was an avalanche into an accumulation lake so the whole village was flooded. From Longarone you cycle to today’s destination Belluno.
You cycle from Belluno, the capital of the same province through deciduous alleys and hilly landscape to Feltre. On the way are picturesque small villages, inviting you for a rest. In the north you can have a few on the massive Dolomites.
The first kilometres comfortable and then descending conveniently down to the valley Brentatal you reach Bassano del Grappa, situated on the river Brenta pouring into the plains. The name Grappa derives from the Monte Grappa, but of course a good grappa can be enjoyed here also.
You finally leave the Alps and soon can admire the first villas of the star-architect Balladio. The little town Asolo invites you to take a break before you cycle on to the town Treviso – the town of watercourses. Along the canals not only the arcades and the facades of the houses are to be discovered but also a great number of shops.
Along the river Sile you cycle on the Adria, directly to Venice (mainland/Mestre), to pay your respect to „Serenissima“ with all her stately buildings.
Easy tour; the first two days you are cycling mostly on the old railway-trace of the Dolomite-railway. From the 3rd day slightly uphill and downhill passing small typical Italian villages and idyllic landscape, the last day flat trough the plain.
Prices and dates
Category: 3***-hotels and 4**** hotels
Services and information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transport
- Carefully developed route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Italian)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Niederdorf/Toblach every Wednesday and Saturday, cost EUR 79 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 39, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Transfer from the airport to Hochpustertal valley upon request
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train station Niederdorf or Toblach
- Airport Treviso and Venice
- Free public parking
- Good train connection from Venice/Mestre to Niederndorf/Toblach
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here
- This tour is a partner tour.