Through South Holland, MS Sir Winston
Water routes & metropolis flair
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 40 persons
Arrival in Amsterdam
In Amsterdam you check in on board (embarkation is at 3 pm). In the afternoon and in the evening you have the opportunity to get to know the city of Amsterdam.
Shipping Amsterdam – Zaandam
You are starting your roundtrip by bike: crossing polderland you cycle via Westzaan to “De Schoolmeester”, a paper mill which is maintained in full working order. It is the only wind powered paper mill in the world. From here you are cycling to the museum’s village “Zaanse Schans”, an open-air museum (entrance fee not included) which was built to show the Dutch historical heritage. You can visit an ancient Dutch village, a cheese manufacture, a shipyard, a Dutch wooden shoe manufacture, a museum of bakery, the Zaanse watch museum and the unique colour mill, De Kat. Connected with the exhibition terrain is the Zaans museum, which gives an insight into the development of the “Zaanstreeks” as the first industrial area. Products like mustard, cheese, pastries, etc. are produced there and can be bought. You are cycling back to Zaandam through the recreational area of Twiske.
Shipping from Zaandam via Utrecht to Gouda, Cycle tour from Utrecht to Gouda
In the morning shipping to Utrecht. From Utrecht, cycle leisurely to the city of Gouda, which is famous for its cheese. You may take a detour to Kasteel de Haar, the largest castle of the Netherlands with its beautiful garden or you may take a refreshing bath in the lake Reeuwijkse Plassen. Tip: During the tulip-flowering season (departures 30Mar-11May) we offer an optional day excursion to Keukenhof by coach, transfers and entrance fee included (€ 59,- per person, only bookable in advance).
Boat: Gouda – Rotterdam | Cycling: Rotterdam – Delft – Den Haag – Scheveningen – Rotterdam
Prior to breakfast, MS SIR WINSTON leaves Gouda for Rotterdam. Here you have two options for today’s cycling tour: First one will lead you to Delft (Tip: visit of the porcelain manufacture), second directly to the governmental seat Den Haag and to the North Sea coastal town and health resort Scheveningen and back. Alternatively, you can also go back to Rotterdam by train (rail and bike is not included, approx. € 15,- p. Pers, not in rush hour between 16:00 h and 18.30 h). Tip: you should experience the harbour of Rotterdam on an interesting harbour tour.
Cycling/Boat: Rotterdam – Kinderdijk – Schoonhoven
Bike tour to Kinderdijk (UNESCO world cultural heritage site with 19 windmills in a row) and then onto Schoonhoven.
Cycling/Boat: Schoonhoven – Utrecht
Bike ride through the beautiful landscape to Oudewater (witches scale) and then to Utrecht. The dome is one of the most important domes in the Netherlands and is well worth a visit.
Cycling/Boat: Utrecht - Amsterdam
Your cycle tour takes you along the small and winding river Vecht through beautiful landscapes. The river Vecht is also known as the “Loire of the Netherlands”. Numerous castles and villas will be seen beside the river.
Tip: a canal tour is the most beautiful way to get to know the city of Amsterdam.
After breakfast checkout until 9:00 am and we are saying goodbye – have a safe journey home.
You cycle daily about 25 to 45 km. Nearly all routes are easy to cycle. You cycle on asphalted and signposted bike paths.
- Program according to itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnights in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book for self-guided trips per cabin
- Tour guidance on board
- Rental bike insurance
Services extra nights Volendam (Hotel Van der Valk):
- Overnight stay with 1x breakfast
- 2x bus ticket to Amsterdam and back
- Car park during your cruise
- Visitor's tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Amsterdam train station is close to the pier
- Oosterdok car park: secure car park at the train station, about €20 per day. Reservation possible by yourself
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on arrival day, car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price €150 per week payable in advance (application form can be ordered bei Eurobike)
Number of participants:
- Minimum of 40 people
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
Day trip Keukenhof (approx. 9:30 – 16:30 hours)
- Dates: Monday April: 01/08/15/22/29 May: 06/13
- Minimum number of participants: 20 (max. 30)
- Price per person: €59
- Including bus from/to boat, entry Keukenhof (approx. 7 hours free time)
This tour has 1 more variation
MS Sir Winston
A cosy river boat with a familiar atmosphere. Restaurant, lounge and bar are furnished with leather armchairs and chairs in an English club style (air-conditioned). Loggia and sundeck with seating, and bicycle storage.