Through South Holland, MS Sir Winston
Water routes & metropolis flair
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Amsterdam
Individual arrival to Amsterdam. Embarkation takes place in the afternoon. In the afternoon and evening there is time to go for a stroll and to get to know the city.
Boat: Amsterdam – Aalsmeer | Cycling: Aalsmeer – Alphen aan den Rijn
In the morning, you shall cruise from Amsterdam to Aalsmeer. You go past 14 bridges, most of them have to be lifted especially for MS SIR WINSTON. Your bike tour then starts in Aalsmeer. Via Wernsteiner Plassen and Brassemeer you reach Alphen aan den Rijn, which has been chosen as the "greenest city in the Netherlands".
Cycling/Boat: Alphen aan den Rijn – Gouda
Today you cycle to the city of Gouda, which is famous for its cheese. When the weather is nice it is worth taking a detour to the city centre of Leiden (an additional 20km). Cyclists with a good level of fitness can continue cycling to the seaside town of Katwijk, which has long beaches along the North Sea (an additional 45km).
Tip: During the tulip-flowering season (departures 31 Mar- 6 May), we offer an optional day excursion to Keukenhof by coach, transfers and entrance fee included (only bookable in advance).
Boat: Gouda – Rotterdam | Cycling: Rotterdam – Delft – Den Haag – Scheveningen – Rotterdam
Before breakfast, the MS Sir Winston cruises from Gouda to Rotterdam. You can pick today's cycle tour. The first one leads you via Delft (porcelain manufacture) and the longer tour goes to Den Haag, seat of government and to North Sea health resort Scheveningen and back. Alternatively you can can take the train back to Rotterdam.
Cycling/Boat: Rotterdam – Kinderdijk – Schoonhoven
Bike tour to Kinderdijk (UNESCO world cultural heritage site with 19 windmills in a row) and then onto Schoonhoven.
Cycling/Boat: Schoonhoven – Utrecht
Bike ride through the beautiful landscape to Oudewater (witches scale) and then to Utrecht. The dome is one of the most important domes in the Netherlands and is well worth a visit.
Boat: Utrecht – Zaandam | Cycling: Zaandam – Amsterdam
In the morning, you cruise from Utrecht to Zaandam. From here you cycle towards the village of “Zaanse Schans”, which has an open air museum with the idea to show the historic heritage of the Netherlands.
You can visit a Dutch village, a cheese dairy, a dockyard and a workshop for wooden shoes, a bakery museum, the Zaanse clock museum and the worldwide unique dye mill “De Kat” there. Next to the open air museum there is the Zaans museum which offers insights into the development of this area as an industrial area. Products which are fabricated there like mustard, cheese and bread can be bought. Afterwards you cycle through the local recreation area “Twiske” back to Amsterdam. In the evening, you can take a boat tour along the canals in Amsterdam.
After breakfast, it is time to disembark and to head home as organised by you.
You cycle daily about 25 to 45 km. Nearly all routes are easy to cycle. You cycle on asphalted and signposted bike paths.
|Oct 6, 2018
|Sep 29, 2018
|Sep 15, 2018
|Sep 22, 2018
|Apr 28, 2018
|Sep 1, 2018
|Sep 8, 2018
|May 12, 2018
|May 19, 2018
|May 26, 2018
|Jun 2, 2018
|Jun 9, 2018
|Jun 16, 2018
|Jun 23, 2018
|Jun 30, 2018
|Jul 7, 2018
|Jul 14, 2018
|Jul 21, 2018
|Jul 28, 2018
|Aug 4, 2018
|Aug 11, 2018
|Aug 18, 2018
|Aug 25, 2018
- Program according to itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnights in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast buffet, small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, coffee and tea in the afternoon, 3-course dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book for self-guided trips per cabin
- Tour guidance on board
- Rental bike insurance
Services extra nights Volendam (Hotel Van der Valk)
- Overnight stay with 1x breakfast
- 2x bus ticket to Amsterdam and back
- Car park during your cruise
- Visitor's tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Amsterdam train station is close to the pier
- Oosterdok car park: secure car park at the train station, about €15 per day. Reservation possible by yourself
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on arrival day, car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price €150 per week (application form in the travel documents)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 40 people
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation).
- Diet: (i.e.: lactose free, gluten free) possible on request and for an extra charge. Must be booked at least 14 days prior to departure.
Day trip Keukenhof (approx. 9 am - 6 pm)
- Dates: Mondays in April: 02/09/16/23/30, May 7
- Minimum number of participants: 20 (max. 30)
- Price per person: €59
- Including bus from/to boat, entry Keukenhof (approx. 7 hours free time)
This tour has 1 more variant
Bike & Barge MS Sir Winston
Experience a diversified bicycle- and shiptour through the south of Netherlands. The MS Sir Winston, on which you travel, is confortable and with a personally atmosphere.