You take a stroll through the pretty little Baroque town of Schärding and can marvel at the famous ‚Silberzeile’ (row of colourful houses). Enjoy the numerous cafés and restaurants on the town square. Miniature versions of the 7 Wonders of the World are displayed all over Schärding and can be admired up close and will take you back into a world of legends and myths. In the evening, welcome meeting and rental bike distribution.
Fresh as a daisy you continue the well-maintained and perfectly signposted cycle path along the river Inn to Passau. This town, located at the confluence of tree rivers, with its car-free pedestrian zone is regarded as one of Germany’s most beautiful towns. There will be enough time for you to enjoy ice-cream, cakes or a cup of coffee in one of the countless pavement cafés and restaurants. The afternoon you spend in the adventure-pool ‚Peb’ in Passau (entrance fee included). This swimming paradise with diving platform, wave pool, slides and lots more is one of the most spectacular pool facility in Germany!
Passau - Schlögen
Today you start at the Southern side of the Danube and cycle along a marvellous route with lovely views all the way to Jochenstein. On a very hot day we recommend a short detour to the outdoor swimming pool in Engelhartszell. Then you continue the Northern side of the Danube through the nature reserve ‚Donauleiten’ all the way to Schlögen. From here you take the ferry (autonomously) and change over to the other side again, where you reach your Day Finish.
Schlögen - Aschach
The nature spectacle ‚Schlögener River Bend’ is straight at the start of today’s stage. Here the Danube hit the invincible granite, which caused a change of direction of 180 degrees. From there you continue along the course of the river Danube all the way to Aschach. A fantastic cycling day amidst stunning nature.
Aschach - Linz
Today you can change over to the North side of the Danube again and then continue along the Danube cycle path into the leisure land ‚Freitzeitland Linz’ with its five bathing lakes. After a splash and a cool-off you continue through the ‚vegetable patch’ of Upper Austria - the basin around Eferding, past Ottensheim and Wilhering into the provincial capital Linz, where you spend the rest of the day relaxing in one of the countless restaurants.
Boat trip Linz - Passau
The morning is all about the provincial capital of Upper Austria. After breakfast, we recommend a casual stroll through the old part of town, a visit to one of the fantastic museums or to join in the special cultural programmes on offer for the entire family. At approx. 2.20pm you board the boat to Passau and experience your cycle tour again from a new and unique perspective (arrival time approx. 8.50pm, daily except Monday and Friday, then alternative bus transfer). Overnight stay in Passau.
Hotel check out in the morning. After a stroll through the town and a visit to the cathedral (largest church organ in the world!), you cycle from the ‚Innspitz’, the confluence of the three rivers Inn, Danube and Ilz, on the Inn-cycle-path in the shade along the riverbank. In Wernstein we suggest a short break, in order to enjoy the nature of the narrow parts of the river Inn there. In Schärding you receive your luggage. After that you finally say, “Good Bye” to the Danube.
The terrain along the rivers Inn and Danube is either flat or descends slightly, you cycle mostly on a well-maintained cycle paths without any motorised vehicles. Only on very short segments on side roads.
3***- and 4**** hotels, and in Aschach guesthouse
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Boat trip from Linz – Passau, bike included (alternatively organized bus transfer)
- Entrance fee for the entire family for the adventure pool Passau
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Ferry ride approx. EUR 2,50 per ride, bike included
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Munich or Vienna.
- Train journey to Schärding or Wernstein.
- Parking: parking spaces free of charge on the company grounds situated directly on the cycle path or hotel parking spaces and hotel underground car park for approx. EUR 6 to EUR 10 per day, no reservation possible, payable on site.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness level and cycling skills. The route is ideal for families.
- The terrain along the rivers Inn and Danube is either flat or descends slightly, you cycle mostly on a well-maintained cycle paths without any motorised vehicles. Only on very short segments on side roads.