Arrival in Imst
Arrival in Imst and straight to your accommodation. Imst awaits with playgrounds, various nature trails and lots more. The holiday region Imst sets a fun mood. You also have the option of exploring a precious biotope called ‚Rosengartenschlucht’ whilst on a walking tour.
Today will be a true day of adventure in Imst for you: a bike trip to the well-known ‚Alpine Coaster’, the longest Alpine rollercoaster in the world. So much fun! (one ride and train fare included). After that you can give the Albins game park a go, situated directly in the finish area of the Alpine Coaster, and try everything from a bird swing over a bouncing castle to a quad ralley and experience whatever takes your fancy (not included). There is also a bathing lake nearby for a refreshing cool-off.
Imst - Rietz
You cycle along the Southern Inn-riverbank through the Imst ravine to Roppen, where you not only have plenty of the finest outdoor acitivities on offer but can also enjoy swimming and splashing in the ‚Area 47’. On your way through the Silzer Inn water meadow you get to observe rare bird species. Then onwards through Stams and Rietz. In Telfs you cancasually end your day by playing a round of mini golf in the sports centre Telfs or splashing in the swimming pool and spa in Telfs.
Rietz - Innsbruck
From Rietz along the river Inn directly past the marvellous bird sanctuary and fishing waters of Gaißau to Inzing. In Inzing you have the option for a stopover at the Inzing outdoor swimming pool. Then onwards past Zirl all the way to the capital of the Tyrol, Innsbruck, which has so much to offer such as countless historical buildings and monuments. And do not forget to visit the ‚Goldene Dachl’ (gold-plated roof), or to take a train ride with the ‚Nordkettenbahn’ into high-up Alpine territory. There is also Europe’s highest zoo, the ‚Alpenzoo’ with a large array of various animals.
Today’s cycle tour is slightly longer, however can easily be cut short from Innsbruck by a train or bus ride. Otherwise you leave Innsbruck again along the cycle path. You always cycle comfortably along the riverbank to Hall in Tirol and then onwards to Wattens. Water lovers can have a great time here in the ‚Alpen’-swimming pool. A visit to the Swarovski Crystal worlds with playground and playtower is lots of fun for the whole family. Then past impressive rock faces you continue to Schwaz with its accessible mine and finally you reach Jenbach and Strass in the Zillertal-valley – your Day Finish.
An exceptional experience for the entire family: you start in Jenbach with Europe’s oldest but still operating steam cog railway (ascent and descent included) and reach the amazing Lake Achensee with an altitude of 929 metres. Then you cycle on the well-maintained panorama path comfortably along the lakeside from one end to the other. Feel free to have a break anytime and have a quick cool-off in this alpine lake or even visit the Adventure Park Achensee. Return trip by cog railway to Jenbach/Strass.
Departure or extension
Today it is time to say goodbye to the river Inn and the stunning cycle paths. Return to your starting point by either bus or train.
The terrain along the rivers Inn and Danube is either flat or descends slightly, you cycle mostly on a well-maintained cycle paths without any motorised vehicles. Only on very short segments on side roads.
Category: 3***-hotels and inns
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 1x ticket for the Alpine Coaster
- 1x ride up to the Alpine Coaster
- 1x return journey from Jenbach to Maurach
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer possible every Friday morning, prices on request, reservation required, payable on site
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Innsbruck.
- Arrival by train at Innsbruck and by train in approx. 30 min. to Imst.
- Parking: hotel parking spaces outdoors free of charge, no reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness level and cycling skills. The route is ideal for families.
- The terrain along the rivers Inn and Danube is either flat or descends slightly, you cycle mostly on a well-maintained cycle paths without any motorised vehicles. Only on very short segments on side roads.