Innsbruck - Salzburg
Four Rivers, Tradition and High Culture.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
You head to Wattens with the steeply towering North Chain of the Karwendel mountains at your side. You will pass through the saline town of Hall with its historical Mint tower. Here you can visit the enchanting Swarovski Crystal Worlds. You then cycle along the Inn cycle path past Schwaz, where there is a silver mine until you get to the cycling village of Strass.
Hotel (example): Post Strass
You cycle along the easy-going Zillertal bike path until you get to Zell or even a bit further along to the well-known Mayrhofen. Whilst doing so, you have an amazing mountain view of the Zillertal main ridge with its huge peaks over 3000m high. A bus will provide you with a transfer in the early afternoon over the Gerlospass to Krimml. Already during this journey, you will be able to admire Europe’s biggest waterfall, which you can then also view by foot on a high path later on.
Hotel (example): Klockerhaus
Today’s stage runs through the Hohe Tauern national park and Upper Pinzgau. Whilst doing so, you will have snow topped mountains in sight. With the view alternating between lush green meadows and small villages, today’s cycle offers you truly magical scenery. In Kaprun you can visit the Kaprun high mountain reservoirs.
Hotel (example): Zum Hirschen Zell am See
It is highly recommended for you to take a refreshing swim in Lake Zell, which is also an opportunity for any sporty cyclists among you to go for an extra spin. You quickly arrive in Saalfelden via Maria Alm where there is a famous pilgrimage church. This is a great place for you to enjoy lunch. Further highlights on your way to Lofer include the Seisenbergklamm (gorge) and the Lamprechtshöhle (caves) near Weißbach.
Hotel (example): Bad Hochmoos
On your last day’s cycle you cycle through the tranquil Saalach valley. Bad Reichenhall will captivate you with its bavarian flair. You only have a little bit further to go before arriving in the Mozart City of Salzburg. The cultural here is sure to impress. You should have enough time for a stroll around the old town and to visit Mozart’s birth house.
Hotel (example): Achat Plaza zum Hirschen
Departure or extension
You predominantly cycle on paths in the Inn, Ziller and Salzach valleys. Occasionally slightly hilly sections with short ascents on natural trails. You cycle on beautiful cycle paths and small side roads. You only go on main roads for very small sections.
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Transfer by bus from Zell am Ziller to Krimml incl. your bike
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Innsbruck train station
- Innsbruck and Salzburg airport
- Hotel garage approx. EUR 12 per day, public garage approx.. EUR 60 per week, no reservations possible, to be paid for at the time
- Good train connections from Salzburg to Innsbruck
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!