Arrival in Salzburg
Arrive in Salzburg, Mozart's city that is filled with cultural treasures. Take a relaxing stroll through the old part of town and visit the house where Mozart was born, the cathedral, Mirabell Palace, the castle and the fortress called Hohensalzburg. Your welcome briefing and the fitting of the bikes will take place today.
After seeing the ‘Silent Night’ chapel in Oberndorf, you will cycle through extensive forests to Tittmoning. From here the Nature Adventure Trail called ‘Unterer Inn’ runs until Burghausen. The stunning old part of town and the largest castle site in the world are the biggest attractions in this very memorable town.
On your way to Obernberg you will go past the Gothic town of Braunau and numerous bird colonies. The monastery in Reichersberg invites you for a visit. The small towns that you will go past are like pearls along the river Inn. The baroque town of Schärding definitely counts as one of these pearls with its main square called the 'Silberzeile' in German.
Today you cycle along the river Inn on your way into Passau where the 3 rivers famously meet. We highly recommend a tour around the town including a visit to the cathedral (biggest church organ in the world). You then continue cycling along the Danube via Obernzell and Engelhartszell monastery (where the only Austrian Trappisten monastery is). You then cycle through the nature reserve Donauleiten until you get to the 'Schlögener Schlinge’. Ferry transfer to hotel (not included in the tour).
The well-known ‘Donauschlinge’ is one of many highlights of on this particular cycle tour. Aschach, Ottensheim and Wilhering are three small towns along the Danube that pave your way into Linz. In the old historic part of town there are countless cafes and inns that invite to you to take a well-deserved break. At the end of the day you cycle to Enns, which is Austria's oldest town (town square with tower, museum Lauriacum).
Follow the Danube into the pretty little Baroque town of Grein (theater, maritime museum, Grein castle). You cycle via the once feared Strudengau into Austria’s wine region to Marbach or Maria Taferl, which is home of a pilgrimage church that is impressively located high above the Danube.
After going past the stunning Melk monastery, the small romantic towns in the wonderful 'Wachau' wine region like Weißenkirchen, Dürnstein and Krems will enchant you. You then get to take the train to Austria’s capital, Vienna where you will find countless sights and interesting places to see.
This tour goes along quiet tarmac bicycle paths and small rural roads along the Salzach, Inn and Danube rivers. There are only a few short sections on non-asphalted cycle paths. The Danube cycle path runs downhill and is a perfectly designed cycle path.
Kategorie A: 3*** und 4**** Hotels
Kategorie B: 3*** Hotels, Gasthöfe und Pensionen
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, FR with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Welcome briefing (GE, EN)
- Donaucard in Upper Austria
- Train journey from Krems to Vienna, incl. your bike
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly mulit-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg and Munich Airport
- Category A: parking space, approx. €10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Category B: parking space approx. €8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Public multi-storey car park approx. €65per week
- Good train return connection from Vienna to Salzburg
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Hotel Biedermeier Hof
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Hotel Biedermeier Hof offers pet-friendly accommodation in Schärding, 15 km from Bad Füssing. There is a bowling alley on site and guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.
The Hotel-Restaurant Lauriacum is situated in the heart of Enns. The hotel is characterized especially by its familiar atmosphere and the local cuisine which offers always a great varity of fresh food and fine wines.
Wesenufer Hotel & Seminarkultur an der Donau
Find quietness and serenity at the foot of the famous stream
in the idyllic village of Wesenufer.
Hotel Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen
You live with us in the center of the festival city of Salzburg. Comfort, cosiness and a positive ambience are the highest priorities.